The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I have to admit I felt a little sorry for him yesterday. He was nearly in tears in the post-match interview. He knows we all hate him and that his position is becoming almost untenable.

I have nothing against him personally but he should never have been given the job. We're as good as safe now so get us to the end of the season Eck and then resign.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear there are people on here who wanted us to lose yesterday

We were as good as safe before yesterdays game. So a loss.......? What ever it takes to get McLeish out of our club!

Interesting. Let me ask a general question.

Would people prefer

A) a 12th place finish and another season with Mcleish

or

B) a 17th place finish and Mcleish gone in the summer?

I know which one i'd prefer. So in a way, Losing at the moment has a silver lining IF it means we lose Mcshite at the end of the season.

Or am I just being a bad fan?

We were as good as safe before yesterdays game. So a loss.......? What ever it takes to get McLeish out of our club!

Would people prefer

or

I know which one i'd prefer. So in a way, Losing at the moment has a silver lining IF it means we lose Mcshite at the end of the season.

I'd take option B, it's for the greater good.

I have been against Eck from the very beginning, still don't really like him. But I think any Villa fan hoping for losses or draws no matter who is in charge should hang their head in shame. YOU ARE NOT A FAN!

Would people prefer

or

I would like the highest possible finish, simple as that.

I have severe reservations about McLeish, but not to the extent that he can do nothing right.

Indeed, with a few reasonable signings in the summer, by McLeish or A.N.Other, I am optimistic for next season.

I have been against Eck from the very beginning, still don't really like him. But I think any Villa fan hoping for losses or draws no matter who is in charge should hang their head in shame. YOU ARE NOT A FAN!

Define 'A Fan'.

Whilst I'm not a massive fan so far, A for me

The club needs stability

Dont you think a new manager would mean more stability. A manager the fans dont despise with a passion? A manager who doesnt drive 10k away from villa park every week?

If we want stability, we all need to be in it together. That will never happen under Mcleish. Ever. Even if we start winning, he will never be accepted.

Stability will come finally when he goes. And the sooner the better.

Even if we start winning, he will never be accepted.

nah, get a few wins together and the fans will support him no question. Fans, i presume, want to see their team winning at the end of the day. If he can do that, then much of the hate will go away. But then, what chance him actually winning?

It would also make a big difference if our style of play changed to being consistantly more like our first half performance against Fulham and with 3-4 decent signings in the summer then AM might get more of us on his side. I've never bought into the fact that just because he was Birmingham's manager we should automatically hate him. Its just that he hasn't been particularly good in the decisions he has made with the team and that is why i still feel that we should go for a new manager in the summer, but we will probably have to endure at least another season with him in charge and within that time he might just surprise a few of us?

One reason I want him gone is I dread who he will buy in the summer. I dont want him to build his own team at Villa. The Blues team was awful, so will we be. He's hardly proved he has an eye for a player.

Answer me this, what if he builds his team and we still win **** all, then they sack him. We will be in a whole world of plop. We will be back to the drawing board trying to sell shite players again. Transition! **** I hate that word

Randy should go all out to tempt Rodgers away from Swansea whilst we have a bunch of promising youngsters to work with. That's exactly the type of player Rodgers needs to work with. He would come in and **** the old boys off and get us playing dynamic football. You can't teach old dogs new tricks but you can teach youngsters a way to play.

Swansea have been a revelation this season and unless we go after him this summer, Liverpool or someone else in the top 6 will be in for him!

Interesting article about Rogers in the Sun today. Spent a huge amount of time at Barca's academy understanding how they brought through their youngsters to the first team.

You are right, if we removed the deadwood and let him have the kids, we just might have that bright future Randy spent so much time promoting.

Yes we are all delighted with the three points against Fulham.

Yes we all want our club to retain its status as a Premiership club.

regardless of yesterdays game, substitutions, press conferences, team selection, transfer record, style of play etc etc

you cant get away from it, the person managing OUR football club is one of the worst in our history....

Under this man, The future if not bright....it is bleak!!

and its a by product of an owner who pretends he knows about football, because anyone who does would not have employed him in the first place!!

Even if we start winning, he will never be accepted.

nah, get a few wins together and the fans will support him no question. Fans, i presume, want to see their team winning at the end of the day. If he can do that, then much of the hate will go away. But then, what chance him actually winning?

agree with Rodders....he is the only manager i have ever known where the Holte End have never sung his name.....apart from when he was as sha that is

Â