The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be 3 years. The fans know what he's about now. Alot of them won't pay to see his football another season. I honestly think the gates will average lower than 30k. That will send alarm bells to Randy's wallet.

Gate money is not the be all and end all anymore .

Main revenue of all clubs is from TV money and other bullshit.

Attendances would have to take a dramatic drop to have any bearing on this bad McLeish experiment.

If season ticket renewals dramatically drop in summer well then even Lerner will have to admit to his mistake.

But casual fans not buying tickets for games is not significant anymore.

Since the loss against liverpool I want him to leave our club, but the games after that didn't support that feeling. We played well against arsenal and deserved more and the game against stoke ended fair. And even though it wasn't a pleasure to watch it was a solid performance by Villa.

Yes, we lack in the final third, more because of our lack of movement than the creative skills of our players. It's not easy to find an opening pass when everyone's standing still. That's the biggest problem.

The plus point from the game was our defending on set pieces. Apart from that header from Wilson they didn't really test Guzan. Huth was always a danger but we were good enough to disturb him to get his headers on goal. We've been one of the worst teams in defending set pieces this season whilst stoke has been of the best in scoring on set pieces so that must be seen as progress. To say anything else is just ignorant.

I hear some on here saying that they were there for the taking, and I can't get how a team with 4 wins out of their 5 last games and the loss being away to citeh with half a b-team can be seen as being there for the taking, I can ensure you that they felt the very much same about us. And we were the ones who were there to be defeated. Not a good thing, but for this game it says something. This game was very much not a game to use as a stick against AML. Anyone saying that is just looking for something to to be negative about. It was one of our more solid games this season and it was both better and worse than what MON could produce against them. It's not exactly our favourite stadium to go to.

Still AML out, but not because of the last two games.

Pelle, I agree with your positives taken from the game however:

I hear some on here saying that they were there for the taking, and I can't get how a team with 4 wins out of their 5 last games and the loss being away to citeh with half a b-team can be seen as being there for the taking.

Stoke were there for the taking because they were so poor going forward. Their previous form is irrelevant as on this day they couldn't reproduce it and we should have punished them.

This game was very much not a game to use as a stick against AML. Anyone saying that is just looking for something to to be negative about.

Seeing as it was there for the taking (even by both teams yes) McShitey should have made a positive substitution to go on to win it. IF he wanted to win it. But he didn't want to risk his precious 0-0.

I would have loved to have seen Bannan or Ireland come on for Petrov or Clark and tried to push for three points in the last 10/15 minutes at the risk of losing.. That's what good confident managers do. Like Wenger when he brought on Arshavin and Benayoun for Ramsey and Gervinho in the last ten minutes against us and ended up winning by upping the pressure at the end of the game.

I just remember watching that awful dogshit game on Monday night thinking McShitey will NEVER sub either of our centre mids for attacking ones even though one had been blowing out of his arse for the last 30 minutes and the other wasn't fully match fit.

Unbelievable.

Let's face it , the 'any dross but McLeish' brigade will never be won over.

I look forward to seeing his own choice of players next season. This year reminds me too much of O'Neill's first year, the one with 17 league draws. This time five years ago we were going through a run of 12 league and cup games without a win.

My main concern is I think he has neglected Guzan and Cuellar such that he risks losing two excellent players for peanuts at most.

i dont recall the club ever being in this much mess

the team we have is useless, we cant strengthen it as we have no money, and even if we did, we have a manager that wouldnt know how to, a chairman thats now making bad decisions and is more concerned about lining his own pockets, same goes for most of the players, links to our best players leaving

what a shambles, i stopped going to the villa because of the negativity, by coming on here, im still seeing it everyday, not that im saying its VT's fault, what im saying is when are us fans going to have some good news?

I look forward to seeing his own choice of players next season. This year reminds me too much of O'Neill's first year, the one with 17 league draws. This time five years ago we were going through a run of 12 league and cup games without a win.

My main concern is I think he has neglected Guzan and Cuellar such that he risks losing two excellent players for peanuts at most.

Actually, we would be won over if he started producing results and stopped being so negative. When that happens we'll gladly admit we were wrong and support him.

Pelle, I agree with your positives taken from the game however:

I hear some on here saying that they were there for the taking, and I can't get how a team with 4 wins out of their 5 last games and the loss being away to citeh with half a b-team can be seen as being there for the taking.

Stoke were there for the taking because they were so poor going forward. Their previous form is irrelevant as on this day they couldn't reproduce it and we should have punished them.

This game was very much not a game to use as a stick against AML. Anyone saying that is just looking for something to to be negative about.

Seeing as it was there for the taking (even by both teams yes) McShitey should have made a positive substitution to go on to win it. IF he wanted to win it. But he didn't want to risk his precious 0-0.

I would have loved to have seen Bannan or Ireland come on for Petrov or Clark and tried to push for three points in the last 10/15 minutes at the risk of losing.. That's what good confident managers do. Like Wenger when he brought on Arshavin and Benayoun for Ramsey and Gervinho in the last ten minutes against us and ended up winning by upping the pressure at the end of the game.

I just remember watching that awful dogshit game on Monday night thinking McShitey will NEVER sub either of our centre mids for attacking ones even though one had been blowing out of his arse for the last 30 minutes and the other wasn't fully match fit.

Unbelievable.

Apart from the last paragraph that's a good answer. I don't think it was that bad and I don't care too much for name calling our own staff.

BUT, yes, we got the game where we probably wanted it but failed to take it further. And I too was thinking that it could've helped to bring on Bannan as he can make a change and has ran games against both better and worse teaams than stoke. I'd take off Albrighton, though as I think he was below par attacking wise. That could've given us the whole game. AML bottled that chance and that's the problem for me. He doesn't take that chance enough for me. I don't blame him for this particular game, but there've been too many for my liking.

So I can see what you mean and partly agree, but not that much that I feel he made a major f**k up this Monday.

The issue with McLeish's new signings is that they will be bought with consideration to his preferred tactics.

With the players he currently has, he DOESN'T have to play negative football. He could try and set his team up to win games, and create a strategy that best serves us winning games, rather than one that focuses on us avoiding defeat.

So I'm just assuming that if he's doing that now, then it's how he wants his team to play. So it wouldn't surprise me if he looks at players who will do this for him. So players like Nikola Zigic and Barry Ferguson are in that mould and it wouldn't surprise me if those were the sort of players he went for.

The issue with McLeish's new signings is that they will be bought with consideration to his preferred tactics.

With the players he currently has, he DOESN'T have to play negative football. He could try and set his team up to win games, and create a strategy that best serves us winning games, rather than one that focuses on us avoiding defeat.

So I'm just assuming that if he's doing that now, then it's how he wants his team to play. So it wouldn't surprise me if he looks at players who will do this for him. So players like Nikola Zigic and Barry Ferguson are in that mould and it wouldn't surprise me if those were the sort of players he went for.

Well all you've got to look at is what he's done when he's had a squad of his players playing his way. That's what's so depressing. It's not like he just needs to get the right players in and then we'll be fine. Odds are that when he's molded (or should I say destroyed) the squad into what he wants it to be then we'll be just as bad if not WORSE!

Well all you've got to look at is what he's done when he's had a squad of his players playing his way. That's what's so depressing. It's not like he just needs to get the right players in and then we'll be fine. Odds are that when he's molded (or should I say destroyed) into what he wants it to be then we'll be just as bad if not WORSE!

Why did the board think hiring McLeish would help our academy long term? Did they even do their research?

I would be more than happy for Mcleish to stay if he got us playing some decent football and good results, I like the bloke but look at his career so far and I honestly can't see the football improving too much or the results getting better.

Â