Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think people are writing us off to easily. We've beaten bigger and better teams last season with a shitter defence and unhappy players. Moral seems to be decent in the team, we have a settled team as well. There aren't too many of their players that you would pick over ours. I reckon we can get a result, even a draw isn't too bad. We have the better quality and as long as we are up for it we will get a result! Its up to Big Eck to pump the players up!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hutton needs time and he will be a good signing for us. Tomorrow I would go for...

-----------------Given------------------

Hutton -- Collins -- Dunne -- Warnock

---------Delph Petrov Jenas-----------

-----------Ireland-----------------------

------------------N'Zogbia--------------

------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Thats the team I'd play. I would play very narrow and try and squeeze the midfield for possession. I know they have wide players like Wright Phillips but this game is going to be won in the middle of the park!

I actually like the look of:

Ireland-Jenas-Petrov-Delph

Think both Ireland and Delph are very capable of playing wide in a 4-4-2. Play N'Zogbia in front of those four with Gabby up front. The only issue being Ireland and Hutton on the same side defensively.

When Ireland was playing well for City he played in a front 3 consisting of Petrov, Robinho and himself. I think in a 4-3-3 we are playing him in the wrong '3'. He should be in the forward 3 not the midfield 3. Ireland, Gabby and N'Zogbia today would cause majority of teams in the league a problem!

not very confident today, i just havent seen anything from us this season that makes me think we can even go to a place like qpr and get a result......

no bent might be a blessing as we will see gabby up top putting himself about a bit more.....

given, warnock, dunne, collins, hutton, zogs, petrov, jenas (if fit, if not delph), ireland, albrighton, gabby

gonna need zogbia on the left to combat SWPs pace....pin him back coz he is shit defensively...

have petrov man marking taarabt and i doubt they will create much.....there forwards are shit so if we nullify SWP and Taarabt then we have a chance...

sadly i dont think we will do either..we will sit back invite pressure and get bummed

2-0 qpr

Not very optimistic about today's chances at all. QPR are very much an up and coming team with a hunger and desire which is propbably greater than ours at the moment.

Bent is not fully fit add to that a complete lack of width and a reluctance to start MA.

It will be a loss he folks. We will be lucky to score a goal.

2-0 QPR.

just in case people aren't aware:

Sky Sports and therefore this match, is free to watch for ALL Virgin & Sky customers.

that includes anyone on a basic package with no sports subscription.

????? Its on sky sports 1?

Which you can watch this weekend even if you don't subscribe to the sports channels.

This has been set up for a QPR win. On SS they talking about will they score their first goal at home, first home win etc etc... I know exactly what is gonna happen and it's gonna be their day. Naturally, I hope we annihilate them, but... This is Aston Villa, the amount of records we have had broken or made against us... Rediculous.