Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

This'll be a tough one, and no one particularly likes going to London, though it is the nicer end.

Instead of picking the players I think should play, I'll start by ruling out the players who I dont think should play (in order of dispreference).

Albrighton

NZgobia

Hutton

Delph

Which leaves the team looking something like this:

Given

Herd Collins Dunne Warnock

Ireland Petrov Jenas

Gabby Bent Bannan.

Not ideal positioning for Bannan, but he's shown himself more capable on the wings than Albrighton and NZogbia of late. Also think that Petrov and Jenas would provide the defensive cover which would allow Ireland to flourish.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would accept a draw but think we'll lose 2-0 :(

Im in this camp too, i would be more than happy with a draw. SWP looks very impressive and Barton is a class act, regardless of him being a word removed.

My heart says 0-1 Villa

My head says 1-0 QPR

Agree about Weimman over Delfouneso - certainly appears to me Weimman has a better team ethic and Delfouneso was tragic on Tuesday, no apparent desire or effectiveness - saying that, he was playing left wing for the majority.

As for albrighton, I felt a bit for him on Tuesday night - he was starved of the early ball, which was on a lot of the time but not picked up by our defence who were happy passing amongst themselves! Sure, he didn't have a great game, if anything he tried too hard when he finally got the ball.

I hope Jenas is fit - think a midfield of N'Zogbia.Jenas.Petrov.Bannan could be useful!

This'll be a tough one, and no one particularly likes going to London, though it is the nicer end.

Instead of picking the players I think should play, I'll start by ruling out the players who I dont think should play (in order of dispreference).

Albrighton

NZgobia

Hutton

Delph

I totally agree with this they have all been dreadful so far

I think we could potentially let in 2 or 3 goals in this match.

a midfield 5 of Gabby on the right, Petrov, Delph, Jenas and I suppose a toss of a coin between Zog and bannan on the left

Nathan will have to cause a few problems by himself up front!!!

A draw in this match would be a good result!!!!!

cant see anything but a defeat. Bannan, Delph will be eaten alive by Barton and co. Gabby will get no service. The only chance is gone, ie. Bent gets one chance and scores it.

Unfort. 3-0 loss, and then it is already make or break against Wigan.

Definite banana skin this one.

Its one of those games you know we ought to be winning hands down, but.........

At best a frustrating draw, because that seems to be how AMC has set his stall out for this season. At worst, QPR have got their tails up and its never the best time to play a newly promoted side, so a bit of a drubbing might be on the cards. Anyway, its on the dreaded sky, which is like the kiss of death for me.