Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

hacks me off that Weimann has been farmed out

Fonz simply isnt going to make the grade and needs moving on

Well AW is back and may well play tomorrow! I think you're being harsh on ND, McLeish like Houllier before him plays him out on the wing which is not his position...

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Bent's out, the 1 up top (eck does not play 2 strikers) will probably be Gabby ? With Fonz or Weimann on the bench

I'd guess so with both of those on the bench. I think we should play:

GK Given

RB Hutton

CB Dunne

CB Collins

LB Warnock

CM Petrov ©

CM Bannan

CM Delph

RW Albrighton

LW N'Zogbia

CF Gabby

Subs: Guzan, Herd, Clark, Jenas, Delfouneso, Weimann, Gardner

Personally, I would drop Hutton for Herd, Collins for Clark & i'd play Weimann up top with Gabby leaving Albrighton at home

I think that's a bit harsh on Hutton and Collins, although Herd was very good against Wolves and perhaps shouldn't have been dropped. What has Collins done wrong?

Hutton has been shocking since arrival

Collins has been woeful this season, he needs to get back to basics

Nonsense. The defence has been very good this season so far and is that all we give players now 3 games before we judge them? Shocking is a massive exaggeration.

I think Hutton needs time and he will be a good signing for us. Tomorrow I would go for...

-----------------Given------------------

Hutton -- Collins -- Dunne -- Warnock

---------Delph Petrov Jenas-----------

-----------Ireland-----------------------

------------------N'Zogbia--------------

------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Thats the team I'd play. I would play very narrow and try and squeeze the midfield for possession. I know they have wide players like Wright Phillips but this game is going to be won in the middle of the park!

Hutton needs games, Gabby knows where the net is and Nzogbia is going to be a real threat on the break against a defence like QPR who will be going forward with real momentum at home tomorrow.

We should be playing:

-------------------------------Given-----------------------------------

---Hutton-------------Dunne-------Collins--------------Warnock---

------------------------Delph-------Petrov----------------------------

------------------------------Jenas---------------------------------

----Bannan------------------Gabby----------------------Nzogbia-----

I think Hutton needs time and he will be a good signing for us. Tomorrow I would go for...

-----------------Given------------------

Hutton -- Collins -- Dunne -- Warnock

---------Delph Petrov Jenas-----------

-----------Ireland-----------------------

------------------N'Zogbia--------------

------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Thats the team I'd play. I would play very narrow and try and squeeze the midfield for possession. I know they have wide players like Wright Phillips but this game is going to be won in the middle of the park!

I actually like the look of:

Ireland-Jenas-Petrov-Delph

Think both Ireland and Delph are very capable of playing wide in a 4-4-2. Play N'Zogbia in front of those four with Gabby up front. The only issue being Ireland and Hutton on the same side defensively.

Hutton has been shocking since arrival

Collins has been woeful this season, he needs to get back to basics

Nonsense. The defence has been very good this season so far and is that all we give players now 3 games before we judge them? Shocking is a massive exaggeration.

the defence has been terrible. did u not see the everton or newcastle game. we were ripped to shreds in both of them. how we haven't been beaten by four or five yet this season i will never know. a team that is good defensively does not let newcastle have 21 shots on goal. given and dunne have been excellent warnock has been okay Collins has been dodgy and so far Hutton has been dreadful

We can really only afford to carry 1 mercurial talent struggling for form, so it's either Ireland or N'Zogbia in the team at the minute, but not both. Jenas should start if he's fit. And if Herd is fit, put him at DM and rest Delph who's struggled the last couple of games.

I think the addition of Jenas, who should be keen to impress on debut, and Herd, who should provide energy & battle, would refresh the team a bit. Bannan has to be starting based on form and, even if being on the right is not ideal, we should have Hutton providing the real width there. Back four are doing okay generally, Hutton's probably still got to work up to full match fitness, but no real reason to change there, so for me:

Given

Hutton-Collins-Dunne-Warnock

Herd-Petrov

Bannan-Jenas-N'Zogbia

Gabby

The defense has been fine this season. We give up shots because we're still a defensive, counter-attacking team. We are happy for teams to have long range efforts that Given will eat up all day long.
we give up shots as we are completely outplayed and over run and are playing terrible football. we will get slaughtered sooner rather than later

Villa to walk it. I expect a response after Bolton. Time for our quality to shine. 3-0 to Villa, red card for QPR.

A victory to savour. (I hope).

i doubt there will be a response it will be the same old tripe . mcleish is not capable of getting a response. he is the most dour boring inspiring person i have ever seen in a press conference for a long time. he will set up in exactly the same way and play exactly the same way as he has done. warnock will fire his team up as he can actually man motivate and we will get beat fairly easily and offer little or nothing in response