Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

------------Given-----------

Herd Dunne Clark Warnock

------------Delph--------

N'Zogbia--Petrov---Gabby

-----------Bannan---------

-------------Bent----------

I've taken Collins out of the team due to his distribution it's causing lots of problems. N'Zogbia and Gabby can sit back when we don't have the ball alongside Delph. When the defenders have the ball they can pass it to Delph/Gabby/N'Zogbia/Petrov. We work the ball to Bannan he can either play Bent in, pass to the wingers or if nothing is on pass back to Mr Safe, Petrov.

I don't want Ireland or Albrighton involved in the first 11. The emphases with this formation is short passing and triangles. There should always be a (short) pass on with this formation, and it's solid defensively.

4-1-3-1-1

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why people are saying we will lose to QPR considering we are undefeated in the league, 6th place, and QPR has only scored 4 goals in 6 games. I am calling a 3-0 win. This is when N'zogbia will come good for us.

--------Gabby---------Bent---------

--N'Zogbia---------------Albrighton-

------------Jenas----Petrov----------

-----------Normal backline-----------

---------------Given------------------

i take it you have not watched one villa game this season?

I'll take it you don't really understand football because if you think we have a good chance to lose against QPR, you clearly don't watch football.

QPR are probably going to do us for this. The 4-0 drubbing they administered after spending a load of dosh and Warnock quickly getting them playing off each other is sadly a big contrast from drawing with a crap Newcastle side and capitulating at home to a Bolton whose league season has yet to start.

We dont have a single player capable of playing well on the wings at the moment. Because of this, I would adjust our set up accordingly and play a diamond formation as follows:

Defense

Petrov

Jenas Bannan

Ireland

Gabby Bent

Some people at the match say Ireland played quite well whereas on the radio he got slaughtered. I've never heard commentators have a go at someone that much. They were actually angry about his first half against Bolton.

Is Heskey fit?

..............................Given............................

Hutton........Collins..........Dunne......Warnock

N'Zogbia...Petrov...........Jenas........Gabby

....................Heskey.......................................

.........................^........Bent..............................

2-0 Win.

------------------Given

Herd-----Dunne-------Clark-------Baker

-------Jenas---Petrov------Delph

-----Agbonlahor-------------Gardner

-----------------Bent

I like it, but would make one change and that would be leaving Delph at home

-----------------Given-------------------

Herd-----Dunne-------Clark-------Baker

-------Jenas----Petrov----Gardner------

-----Agbonlahor----------Ireland---------

-----------------Bent----------------------

Don't know why people are saying we will lose to QPR considering we are undefeated in the league, 6th place, and QPR has only scored 4 goals in 6 games. I am calling a 3-0 win. This is when N'zogbia will come good for us.

--------Gabby---------Bent---------

--N'Zogbia---------------Albrighton-

------------Jenas----Petrov----------

-----------Normal backline-----------

---------------Given------------------

i take it you have not watched one villa game this season?

I'll take it you don't really understand football because if you think we have a good chance to lose against QPR, you clearly don't watch football.

That would be the QPR who have spent big at the end of the window and the same QPR who played Newcastle off the park and who tore Wolves apart in the last game :bang:

clearly you must have missed our piss poor attempts to play Wolves and Newcastle

Have to agree with the few predictions above.

Have watched QPR's last two games on TV/Online and they have looked really good... SWP and Barton running the show.

Going to be a very difficult game, which in all honesty I don't think we should be saying agaisnt a newly promoted side.