Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team

Given

Hutton Collins Dunne Warnock (We know this WILL be the defensive line up, so little point debating that.)

Bannan - Ireland - Petrov (Bannan has been performing well & Ireland was praised by McLeish after last night's game.)

Gabby - Bent - NZogbia (Plenty of pace to hit teams on the counter with. If Heskey's fit, then he should come in for NZogbia.)

Given

Herd Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov

Delph Jenas

N'Zogbia Agbonlahor Albrighton.

I'd rest Bent. I'd rather we stop playing Bent at 60% and just allow him to get to 100% and firing. These games will only do damage both to the player, keep niggling injuries and also his confidence.

In isolation, I'd accept a point ...however we really do need 3 points.

Given

Herd Dunne Clark Warnock

Delph Petrov

Nzog Ireland Gabby

Bent

Is what I would like to see if Dazza is up at 100% fitness, if not bring in Bannan and line up something like this in front of the same back five:

Delph Petrov

Bannan

Nzog Gabby Ireland

with Ireland free to roam a bit like when he played with Robinho at Citeh.

*I know Hutton and Collins will play but I'd like to see Herd and Clark in there.

Going to be watching this in the pub, hope we don't embarass me but I can't see us winning this one. We need Delph or Petrov to stick on Barton the whole game and not give him any space at all.

After watching the way QPR worked, hustled and took the game to Newcastle I fear for us in this one.

Like other people have said though Villa being Villa in these situations we'll hopefully nick something. Regardless I fully expect us to have deserved nothing at the final whistle.

I'm really looking forward to ticking a new ground off the list but I'm definitely not looking forward to how we will fare in the match. We should be winning at places like QPR but, under the current regieme, I can't even see a draw.

I think we're in a false position in the league and as the level of opposition improves in the coming weeks I predict the wheels will well and truly fall off for us.

Don't know why people are saying we will lose to QPR considering we are undefeated in the league, 6th place, and QPR has only scored 4 goals in 6 games. I am calling a 3-0 win. This is when N'zogbia will come good for us.

--------Gabby---------Bent---------

--N'Zogbia---------------Albrighton-

------------Jenas----Petrov----------

-----------Normal backline-----------

---------------Given------------------

Don't know why people are saying we will lose to QPR considering we are undefeated in the league, 6th place, and QPR has only scored 4 goals in 6 games. I am calling a 3-0 win. This is when N'zogbia will come good for us.

--------Gabby---------Bent---------

--N'Zogbia---------------Albrighton-

------------Jenas----Petrov----------

-----------Normal backline-----------

---------------Given------------------

i take it you have not watched one villa game this season?