• Collins
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso
    • N'Zogbia (for Albrighton 73)

Oh and the boos at the final whistle were a disgrace.

Why?

It sounds as though they were served up a load of shit, so they are entitled to air their opinion.

if only it was -0-1

havent seen it but i predict we had 9 behind the ball at all times and hoofed it top the lone striker time after time

The words of someone who had their mind made up the second McLeish was appointed.

I said this in the match thread- we haven't hoofed the ball forward nearly as much as we did under St. Martin (who, as others have said, guided us to plenty of crap cup runs as well). McLeish's Villa so far have played the ball largely on the carpet, and Petrov has turned up in the opposition box more times in the last seven matches than he did the whole of last season. The attacking thrust of the team isn't quite the issue.

Where the issue is, however, is in pressing when the other team has the ball. That leaves us having to build every attack from our own half, which results in us struggling to break teams down as well as we should. Oddly enough, it's our defending that isn't aggressive enough. And right now, we don't have the center backs to play the high line necessary to pressure up the pitch- just ask Gerard Houllier about that- or we might have had them if today's opposing number five hadn't been sold for a song.

weird because the prediction by 90% of fans was that we would start playing negative unatactive unsuccessful football

tell me, how thats going?

Well, so far it has us sixth in the table (early doors, I know), and out of the League Cup. So it's been a mixed bag. I have a more positive view of the performances against Newcastle and Fulham, and I certainly wouldn't call it negative football that Villa are playing. Not while Stoke is still in the league.

Now you tell me, how is your daily pity party going? Have you taken off your mourning veil for McLeish's appointment, or are there still crocodile tears in there?

wow i didnt realise krulak was back on here spouting shit?

so tell me oh blind one, was it a deliberate decision by the board to lose this one so we could concentrate on the league because your insinuating

that we are doing well in the league?

is 1 win in 6 games as good as you expected?

how do you think we will fair against teams who are decent?

so many questions yet no answers other than some blind mantra being wheeled out

just like the performances by this manager, your a joke.

Sounds like mcleish knows the problems he said in his interview we were not crossing enough and as the players to express themselves. Now everytime mcleish has done an interview he says the right things and knows whats wrong but still every game its the same. Thats the worry

Was at the game, the only reason the boos werent louder was becuase most people went home after the second goal.

That was the most bored / uninspired I have ever been whilst watching a game at Villa Park. I accept that we've had worse peformances, but I've rarely been so disnterested.

Positives:

Bannan

Gabby tried

Ireland was just about worthy of escaping criticism

Sounds like mcleish knows the problems he said in his interview we were not crossing enough and as the players to express themselves. Now everytime mcleish has done an interview he says the right things and knows whats wrong but still every game its the same. Thats the worry

Exactly, in the post match interviews he says the right things, even in the interview he says "i told them not to fear the game and go express themselves", it didnt sound like it.

I dont really post that much in match threads these days but that last night was shocking.

Our first shot on target in the 87th minute what a joke.

People may say give him time to turn things around but he hasn't got the squad to change much but to be honest if mcleish had messi, david villa and iniesta in the team he still wouldnt know how to attack.

its sad to think every bluenose mate who predicted what mcleish's football would be like here is absolutley right.

Disappointed still this morning, would have liked to give this one ago.

Disappointed with Villa fans as well.

They should be embarrassed.

Todays Headline....

Villa Fans Call For Managers Head After ONE Defeat!

:lol:

You really don't understand, do you ?

He may say "he knows the problems" but i'm sorry thats absolute rubbish. If he knew the problems why persisit in playing one up front !! Why play Delfouneso on the wing !!. I felt sory for Gabby last night it was like the days of hofing a ball to Vassell and hoping he could run onto to and do something. Shocking is the only way to describe the whole situation at the moment.

I saw an Evening Mail Headline outside a shop last week saying "Villa's unbeaten run continues"

Well this in itself is decieving as its true that up untik that point we were but going to the games you can not see anything that would inspire you as a fan. How many games this season have we thought that we have been unlucky not to win? My opinion? None How many games have we thought we were lucky not to lose? My opinion? 1 and that was Blackburn when we won.

I have not felt this underwhelmed by a Villa team in a long time, its not about the signings but what is being seen on the pitch, in fact I would go as far as to say what is being felt as I do not feel anything positive from that team.

Oh and the boos at the final whistle were a disgrace.

not really, there were boos halfway through the 2nd half during one of the musical statue games the players seemed to be having

the boos were fully deserved, it was awful last night, in the space of 3 days we have now seen newcastle and bolton out play us

IMO as positive as some (myself included) have tried to be so far this season and as much as people are trying to pretend everything will be ok this week has been a bit slap in the chops, i dont see how you could watch the last 2 games and have any sort of confidence going into sunday, or even worse my main fear, man city in a few weeks are going to absolutely spank us

The ironic cheering that went up following Collins' 87th minute strike was not great to hear, but entirely understandable given the apathetic spectacle that had preceded it. The booing was simply the majorities way of expressing their desperation for some passion in the team. I only got to hear the match through the AVTV commentary, admittedly, but even their attempts at eliciting something positive from the game were pretty lacklustre.

Mcleish might not be the right man for the club, but given what he has to work with in terms of squad, I do have a certain sympathy for his plight. I just fear the sale of Young/Downing has severely hamstrung the club from the bottom up and what he have left simply are'nt good enough. N'Zogbia will be decent, but is not a straight replacement for either of the departees and I'm afraid Albrighton belongs in the Championship at best. The others seem to be wandering around, not sure where they're supposed to be playing and lacking any sense of cohesion whatsoever.

Being knocked out of the cup was by no means the debacle that some have mooted, but nevertheless there are signs that AMC is going to find it harder and harder as the weeks go by. And I genuinely believe there might be the odd rumblings of disinterest at board level, just to pour oil on the fire.

He needs to sort this out......now! He needs to make the midfield gel and he needs to exploit Bents qualities to the full, otherwise we all know what will happen around January. We need to be feared again, instead of simply being seen as hard to break down but beatable.

Anther thought, I've never seen a team so shit at throw ins. Every time we had one I felt sorry for the poor sod taking it. He just had nothing to work with. 9 out of ten he would throw it to the guy stood 6 feet from him who gave it straight back to be volleyed up field. Embarrassing.

Disappointed still this morning, would have liked to give this one ago.

Disappointed with Villa fans as well.

They should be embarrassed.

Todays Headline....

Villa Fans Call For Managers Head After ONE Defeat!

:lol:

I have to say that throughout the events of recent months, I have tended to agree with your measured posts and balanced views, but in this instane, the Villa fans were badly let down and the only people who should be embarrassed are the players, McLeish and the board - all of whom I believe are culpable for a performance that felt like the inevitable result of too much mis-management and growing disinterest from the top right the way through the Club to those on the pitch.

I have tried to see reason in some of the decision-making and thought there were actually some encouraging signs that McLeish might just perform above the low expectations that many have formed of him since his appointment, but from the Hereford match onwards, the quality has been poor and the failure to get even the basics right is alarming.

I don't believe that booing during a match is of any help to us whatsoever, and in fairness to the Villa fans last night, they did their best to stay with the team (especially in the lower Holte - respect to the pocket of supporters in the rear corner on the Doug Ellis side of the stand in particular who never stopped singing throughout) but the players, manager and what few board members bothered to turn up deserve to feel the full brunt of the mounting frustration that is a direct response to the unacceptable level of performance we are seeing - and whilst I try to stay clear of overly sensationalistic proclamations and fully acknowledge that this will sound like an overreaction, I can genuinely say I've never seen a worse home performance by a Villa team.

If McLeish is unable to conjure up a couple of decent wins int he coming weeks, I can see things turning very nasty around VP.

Anther thought, I've never seen a team so shit at throw ins. Every time we had one I felt sorry for the poor sod taking it. He just had nothing to work with. 9 out of ten he would throw it to the guy stood 6 feet from him who gave it straight back to be volleyed up field. Embarrassing.

completely agree, it seemed at times like only hutton and warnock were allowed to take them, there were several times when albrighton or bannan picked up the ball for the throw in and then waited an age for the full back to trudge up and take it, best of it being the fullback was open as he trudged up meaning if we'd have gone quick we were in space but instead we wait until bolton got set

prime example being 1st half dunne and ngog trinity/holte corner ngog puts it out then slides off the pitch, dunne picked the ball up had given and warnock completely free in the box for an easy throw, instead waited for warnock to come over and take it, at which point ngog was up and marking dunne, so it goes long and loopy down the line to no one

its mind boggling

yeh albrighton had a poor game but lets not right him off just yet, hes suffering from a big lack of confidence same with N'zogbia who looked brighter when than he has done when he came on.

Found it ironic how the same people who were shouting abuse at N'zogbia on sat were cheering when he came on. Typical!!

Â