Battlefield v Call Of Duty (Modern Warfare)

wiggyrichard

Will be buying one or the other as part of my annual PS3 game purchase scheme.

At the moment, Battlefield is winning the battle for my hard earned cash, simply because I already have MW2, and I dont think MW3 is going to be different enough to warrant buying.

Haven't played Bad Company so i'm coming from Bf2, but they are completely different (Bf and MW). Both very good games but Bf has always been my favourite of the two.

I just really enjoy the huge maps with tanks and planes, even if i'm not driving them theres nothing more satisfying than blowing up a tank with some C4.

I'm definetly getting Battlefield 3 on day one, but I'll leave MW3 for a few months probably.

Both different games, although i like both. More of an emphasis on work as a team in Battlefield, whereas you can go it alone in COD.

If i had to choose, i'd go COD, suits my style of play and easy to just pick up and play.

I'm quite suprise EA decided to launch Battlefield a week before COD, as a large chunk of the people playing will just drop it as soon as COD is released.

Defintely BF3 for me. Don't think I will bother with MW3 at all.

From the videos i've seen, it looks as though the jump from BF2 to BF3 is huge. In the same way that the jump from COD3 to COD4 was huge. Since COD4, i don't think the whole COD series has really improved all that much. They've kinda all been the same game with different weapons/tweaks. Looking at the videos of MW3 it really looks like MW2.5. Just a map pack for MW2 and i'm really not interested in that.

The BF series suits me more like you Wiggy, in the sense that you have to be far more tactical and to win games you have to work together in your squad of 4, otherwise it's so hard. Although, the flip side of it is, on BF when you join a game and everyone is trying to play like Rambo it's so infuriating. So if you can get a few people together for BF then it will be great. Will have to get a VT team for BF!

Seems as if its almost fashionable these days to hate COD.

People that say they wont buy COD are full of shit, you'll be all over it when its released, and you've had enough of Battlefields pedestrian pace and want some action.

Oh i will definately get CoD without a shadow of doubt. Dont get me wrong i do enjoy CoD but i find it frustrates the hell out of me, spawn-dye-spawn-die, playing as a single player, if your team comes up against a group who play as a group, you are ****...no if's no but's...just ****! Which usually ends up with me getting pissed off and turning it off!

As Pieboy said above, there has'nt really been any development in the game since MW was released, just different Killstreaks & maps. I loved MW and still do, just that the games since hav not evolved much.

It all boils down to personal preference i suppose, i think the bigger maps and slower pace will suit me more...that and staying alive for longer than 2 minutes! :lol:

It all boils down to personal preference i suppose, i think the bigger maps and slower pace will suit me more...that and staying alive for longer than 2 minutes!

Very much this.

I loved MW2, possibly gave it more game time than any other game in the last 10 years, but it was a bit hectic. Far too many cocksmiths running around stabbing you in the face, then running off again. Not far off gaming perfection, but a new release won't be enough on it's own to make me buy it.

However, the introduction of Jet fighting and so on from Battlefield probably IS enough to warrant me spending £40.

Just a shame that I wont be able to whip some VillaTalk ass, being a PS3 owner.

Will get both and will spend more time on CoD, that's a certainty. I think my main issue with BF is the controls, it just doesn't feel very smooth to me at all the way the game plays. Hopefully I don't just get destroyed in every game on BF3. :lol:

I'll be getting BF on day 1 and CoD on the 1st price drop

CoD has slowly pissed me off more and more to the extent that I want something new, however much like when ie tried to get into killzone online it's near impossible not to instantly compare and spot it's flaws

I'll be getting BF on day 1 and CoD on the 1st price drop

CoD has slowly pissed me off more and more to the extent that I want something new, however much like when ie tried to get into killzone online it's near impossible not to instantly compare and spot it's flaws

Just how i feel, but i think Battlefield has been in production for such a long time they will hopefully have it pretty much bang on. As Pieboy said, the engine hasnt really changed, same game as day 1, just different killstreaks and maps.

Seems as if its almost fashionable these days to hate COD.

Not really, I think people are just getting bored of it now considering it's been using the same engine for what, 4/5 years now?

The sale figures suggest otherwise. The game works, no need to change.

Well i'm sure once upon a time someone said Pacman works and there's no need to change. But the world moved on as it will with COD.

It's only a matter of time.

What's your point about sale figures? No one is disputing the fact that it will sell a shitload. But the reason people are moaning about the game which you deem fashionable to do, is because the COD franchise is getting boring for a lot of us.

Same shit, different maps.

I'm not saying COD is a bad game at all, FWIW i think it's the best FPS since CSS/Halo2. But... i certainly wont be buying this one. I'm ready for something new, with new dynamics and a new engine. COD is not that.

Guess what, Rebecca Blacks 'Friday' has more youtube views than anyother.

Justin Bieber is huge all over the world.

RETARDS/KIDS.BUY.SHIT.

There is nothing new about that even in the gaming world. Reputations grow and 'mom, jimmy has COD and he's cool, can i have it too?' gets said alot.

Â