Watches

Risso

Someone I know has just brought a Breitling watch, over £5000 looks nice and all that but would not pay that for it! It costs over £300 to have it serviced, a car doesn't even cost that much! Unless you were rich I don't know why people buy them. Another work colleague has a Rolex I don't see the point!

Someone I know has just brought a Breitling watch, over £5000 looks nice and all that but would not pay that for it! It costs over £300 to have it serviced, a car doesn't even cost that much! Unless you were rich I don't know why people buy them. Another work colleague has a Rolex I don't see the point!

It'll last a lifetime, and he'll have something to pass on to his kids. Edited by Risso

I don't know why, but I had Peter down as the sort of bloke who'd absolutely detest mobile phones.
You were close. He's the sort of bloke who absolutely detests watches. Other than that I won't have a word said against him :)

Fwiw, I am delighted with my 500 pound splurge on an automatic Longines a couple of ears ago. It's waterproof to 300m (small "m"!). At this water depth the human body is crushed to roughly the same size as the watch itself.

Longines: Annoying slogan, nice-looking watches.

I like watches.

casio-casual-digital-watch-i_z_F-91W-1XY.jpg

Essential watch. Wear it to work where there is the potential for it to be broken, but never has been. It's been scuba diving with me, has been my alarm when needed, has a backlight and actually I think it looks kinda retro cool.

Got a Storm Remi as my geeky watch.

Storm-Watch-Remi-150x150.jpg

And a watch with a leather strap that me Gf bought me from Next, but always gets the most compliments (even though it's uncomfortable).

All in all though, the Casio gets by far the most wear because I wear it to work and wear it casually.

I think I've probably got too many watches. I keep telling myself that if I'm not blowing thousands on a watch, I can afford another one.

One of my smarter ones:

17251.jpg

My everyday watch:

luminox-3059~1461025.jpg

My current favourite:

99932705.jpg

Very rarely gets an outing these days:

rotolog-zoom_big.jpg

The one that I don't care if it gets damaged (although it has proven to be fairly indestructible)

8548-large1.jpg

Money-no-object watch (in my dreams):

TagHeuerMonaco-CAW2111.FC6183.jpg

Like a few others in thsi thread I dont spend much on clothes but I love watches. I usually buy one every other month on pay day, but only spend about $60 a gi (i mean pounds but the keyboard im using doesnt have that symbol). Every now and then ill wait a few months and buy something a bit nicer, and I usually ask for watches on my birthday or christmas.

I find i feel alot smart when im wearing a nice watch (and the saem goes for decent shoes). I have no fashion sense what so ever so usually wear fairly plain jeans and a plain shirt or t shirt ona night out, but I find that putting a decent watch on makes me feel a lot smarter and appear like ive made some effort

Is there any point in having a watch at all? My phone tells me the time, and I don't need a mugger alert/poser piece for any reason whatever.

Also my default position.

Haven't worn a watch in years.

Really don't see the need.

EDIT: I also don't like the feeling of them around my wrist. Clunky metal or shitty plastic.

I see no need, don't like the feel of them, so don't bother.

I can see why some would like them though, in the way others like different items of show/jewellery.

I have a bit of a predicament when it comes to watches.

My parents bought me an expensive, but altogether disgusting watch for my 21st (4 years ago!)

I'd really like to buy a new watch, but whenever I hint at it, I get a response of "Why do you need a new watch, we bought you that really nice one!"

I know it's silly, and I shouldn't care, but pretty sure my mom would be gutted if bought another nice watch to wear instead of hers (which I never wear, but save for "special occasions")

I have a Tag similar(ish) to NurembergVillan and got it for a present quite a few years ago now and it only ever seems to be watch enthusiasts who ever notice it, so never had a worry about being mugged and I don't exactly live in one of the best of areas of London.

I also recently got one of the Nike+ running watches and would have more worries about that being taken as it looks more gadgety.

I would much prefer to spend my money on nice watches other than say on beer, smokes or Sky Tv.

Â