Match Thread

wedge

Alex Mcleish after Newcastle said:

“I know that at the end of the day Villa fans crave exciting dynamic football and they want to see their team picking up points and myself, my staff and my players have got to provide that for them.”

Talk about full of shit. Sounds like we're seeing the same old turgid crap despite a change of playing personnel. This tells me that the players may not be the problem.

“I know that at the end of the day Villa fans crave exciting dynamic football and they want to see their team picking up points and myself, my staff and my players have got to provide that for them.”

Talk about full of shit. Sounds like we're seeing the same old turgid crap despite a change of playing personnel. This tells me that the players may not be the problem.

What significant change apart from young and downing? who the hell expected us to play better without them?!

What significant change apart from young and downing? who the hell expected us to play better without them?!

I never said 'significant change' and I meant the 3 changes to the starting 11.

We have made 3 changes to our last league game - they've made 9.

Snippets from the commentary of a certain west mids radio station include:

- Villa can't get out of their own half here.

- Stilyan Petrov must feel like he is playing Bolton on his own.

- The only positive for Villa is that they are still 0-0.

- There's only one team looking likely to score and that's Bolton, by a country mile!

- Stephen Ireland looks poor and I would give Gary Gardner a chance.

- What have the Villa fans had to cheer here tonight?

The performance sounds terrible and we seem like we're being overrun in midfield, as usual!

weird we struggle to attack so much when you have gabby, fonz, albie, bannan, ireland players who love to attack.keep petrov as DM and throw the rest forward. looks like Amc is scared to lose.

POB pointed it out in the playing style thread. It's not that we're afraid to attack- when we have the ball, we've done our damndest to get forward. Petrov's been in the opposition box more in seven games under McLeish than he was the whole of last season or the season prior. We play the occasional hoof, but the majority of the passing has been on the carpet.

But when our opposition is in possession, we don't have anyone pressing hard to regain possession in an attacking position. And against Newcastle, the strikers didn't drop deep enough to cut out the "reset" ball- there were countless times that Newcastle stepped into a blind alley, only to play it back across the center circle, where Gabby and Bent should have been cutting off that outlet pass.

Isn't this the terrible football witnessed by fans of the Shit? To be fair they did warn us.

McLeish out.

LOL You've been waiting for the right opportunity haven't you? Shit 'support' my lord.

the right opportunity? What, like his appointment, you mean?

Isn't this the terrible football witnessed by fans of the Shit? To be fair they did warn us.

McLeish out.

LOL You've been waiting for the right opportunity haven't you? Shit 'support' my lord.

the right opportunity? What, like his appointment, you mean?

well, it is a bit strange when a supporter of a football team wants their manager sacked after 6 games (even if we lost all 6 games).

Give him at least half a season, if not a whole season, before saying that.