Gears of War 3

jadenb42

Had a little go last night at some deathmatch games. Every shotgun duel i had...i lost. Every lancer duel i had...i lost!

Does it depend on the connection to the host?

There are dedicated servers on Gears 3 (unlike 1 and 2) so nobody will have a host advantage.

I added you on Xbox btw

Had a little go last night at some deathmatch games. Every shotgun duel i had...i lost. Every lancer duel i had...i lost!

There are dedicated servers on Gears 3 (unlike 1 and 2) so nobody will have a host advantage.

I added you on Xbox btw

Cheers buddy.

So i guess that means im just shit then!? :oops: :lol:

You know when using the shotgun, do people aim or just free fire?

Fuming. Just spent most of the morning having a good few games and I think I won about 1. I can't believe the amount of dick heads that troll this game. I got chainsawed and my own team mate thought it would be better to run for cover instead of capitalize on the prick chainsawing me. There's just no common sense in some people. Another player, I know it can't be helped, but he got killed 15 or so times in one match. Now baring in mind your team gets 15 lives per round in a game of TDM he basically cost us 1 round. I wanted to hit level 30 before I got off to work but that won't be happening now. :( That's why I'd prefer to play with a group of lads I know and can communicate with.

I added you on Xbox btw

Cheers buddy.

Mostly free fire or "hip fire", especially if they are within a few inches of you. Line your shotgun up with the middle of the screen and you should have a clear shot on them. If you do aim, just tap your aim button quickly and then fire.

Another option may be using the sawd-off Shotgun to get you into the game a bit more. It's far more stealthy though and you need to be like right next to them but it'll blow 'em into next year so s'all good. ;)

It's just practice at the end of the day I guess. I'm still shit compared to most people.

Also, I was in a game yesterday and saw my first level 100. I'm sorry but how the hell is that even possible?

Probably multiple people playing the same account. Happens quite a lot in student digs or house shares amongst twentysomethings.

I added you on Xbox btw

Cheers buddy.

The Gnasher has alot more range than you would think. Its better to use that instead of an assault rifle when the range is about 15-20 metres. You would be surprised at how effective it is, can bring somebody down in 2-3 shots. Always use the aim button when firing at range as well, only fire from the hip when right up close to them.

I know it sounds saft, but aim for the head. Drains their energy ALOT quicker than just hitting them in the midriff. Get into the habit of tagging enemies so that hopefully some team mates will empty a few rounds into them as well.

That's why I'd prefer to play with a group of lads I know and can communicate with.

We need to get a VT Gears team on the rip :thumb:

You need to learn to quick LT with the Gnasher at first, the hipfire shotgun is pretty simple, just judge the middle of screen but if your hit use the damage circle as aiming aid. You need to learn to be quick with your movement and decision making. Make sure you use cover correctly, you gotta learn to wall bounce at the correct times too. Also when in shotgun battles learn to strafe as i said before movement is everything in this game. There is little tricks to learn too like the fake wallbounce. Always try and get the right angle on your opponent when in cover battles or moving around objects having the left angle is a disadvantage. The real power weapon on this game is the Lancer, so strong and the stopping power is strong as hell. I play competitive so only use a Gnasher Lancer Set up. But from what ive played in ranked rooms the Retro is really powerful mid-close range, the hammerburst is strong too. The sawn off is cheap but you won't be clutching any 2 vs 1's as Close Quarters with it. If ya want add me my GT is True kiliah , i'll play along and can also join our private King of the Hill rooms which we just use for shotty practice.

• 2 months later...
Â