Gears of War 3

jadenb42

Since i saw no thread for this game thought i'd start one. I am personally looking forward to GoW3 more than any other game coming out! No other game like this around, i played the Beta and to me seems like they got the gameplay bang on now unlike GoW2 which was crap online. GoW1 was a monster of a game. Now we have 4 player co-op, beast mode, horde is back and looks fantastic. Ive enjoyed the story line so looking forward t how this ends. I still play GoW1 online now multiplayer has always been good and with the new game modes on number 3 i can only expect it to be better. Pure action attacking and hardly no camping can't wait!

i thought the 1st one was rubbish and the 2nd one superb if a little set piece heavy, ill probably wait and try and catch it in the sales pre christmas, someone will have this for £20 as a weekend special mid november just before CoD (crystal ball time)

never played it online before

Gears 1 > Gears 2

3 is going to blow 1 and 2 away. They've made a huge deal about it even way before the beta came out. The Dust to Dust ad on TV is stunning and reminds you of the 'Mad World' trailer from Gears 1 a few years back.

Can't bloody wait!!

Looking forwards to this, the co op campaign is always fun and will be the main reason I pick this up. This game was supposed to be out in the spring too, but Microsoft put it back by six months when they knew that Halo 4 was not going to be ready for 2011, so basically Epic have had a lot of extra time to polish the **** out of the game. This could be great. :)

The first Gears i played quite serious tbh went to WCG in Seattle back in 2007( world cyber games) we came 3rd took over $2000 back home. Looking forward to number 3 after playing the beta, they've listened to the community on this game and seem to have got it right

It’s hard to believe that five years have passed since the first Gears of War title chainsawed its way so brutally onto our screens. Redefining the way we played third person shooters online, the title was a smash hit success, and undoubtedly played a huge part in the early success of the Xbox 360, as one of the first must have games for the system. Following a somewhat disappointing sequel, which took multiple patches to bring it up to speed, Epic Games are back with the final part in the trilogy, but how does it measure up against its modern day peers?

Quite well actually. While the game certainly won’t win any awards for originality or innovation, as few final chapters of trilogies ever do, it does manage to take everything that’s come before it and polish it to within an inch of its life.

While some people were less than impressed with the quality of the storylines in the first two games, we have always been somewhat partial to the over the top machismo that oozed from their every pore, so we were happy to see that none of that has changed.

The game picks up 18 months after the last title, and Marcus Fenix finds himself behind bars once more, this time for endangering the success of a mission in order to try to save his father. Following a brief introductory mission created in order to let you shake some of the rust off those trigger fingers, you’re back into action in no uncertain terms. COG has mostly been disbanded, the Lambent are running amuck and there’s the regular Locust to worry about too.

One thing that Gears 3 really doesn’t cut back on is epic battles. Much like its predecessors, the main set pieces are a real joy to behold. Right from the early stages of the seven to eight hour long campaign you’ll be facing off against some mammoth foes, including the Leviathan that you’ll no doubt have seen from the early gameplay videos.

The usual humour is there in spades, and the witty interplay between the supporting characters far exceeds anything we’ve seen in the series to date. With plenty of new weapons and enemies to keep you on your toes, this is most certainly a fitting end to the trilogy.

While the single player campaign doesn’t offer much by way of new features (although the mech sections are a nice break from the norm, and the ability to switch away from Fenix’s story ark occasionally is refreshing) it does deliver an answer to most Gears fans’ questions, and while it may not be the ending you may have wanted, it does prove to be satisfactory.

The multiplayer side of things benefits greatly from dedicated servers and a substantial reworking of the overall balance of game, which immediately makes it more satisfying than Gears 2. The Beast mode is our particular favourite, acting as a reverse Horde mode, where you take control of the Locust and most take on COG. Straight up team death match is back to its gory best too, making this far and away the most enjoyable Gears title to date.

If you like your action fast paced and gory, then this is a must have!

Score: 4 ½ Stars and Recommended

Yeah I pre-ordered GOW3 from shopto so should be with me early next week.

I just fancied a play through of 1 and 2 again before hitting 3, more of a refresher. Maybe get some Insanity on the go.

GT is Lord Of The Yam. Drop us a FR and we'll hit it up next week boss.

Â