villa away support

toffeeboyste

We are fed up with football, fed up with Sky, worried about our jobs and the ticket prices, fed up with the PR disaster that is Aston Villa etc etc etc. I can't speak for every Villa fan but I can honestly say that this may cover the next few pages of this thread.

It is my understanding the club did not take up the option of extra tickets primarily as those left unsold would be a loss to the club.

Spoke with a Sunderland fan last night and the same is happening with them.

It appears that the home club want the total revenue of seats made available irrespective of whether they are sold or not.

Another example of the greedy we times we live in.

We sold out the initial allocation of 1800 with a week to go. The club didn't take the second allocation as they didn't believe we'd sell it out and would rather stick with the initial than having to pay for say 600 unsold eats upstairs.

Ues you were vocal. But i was dissapointed. Villa like us are a big club. But only bring 1600 was poor.not selling any seats in the upper.

Why?

the club did not take the extra allocation of the upper tier, we sold out in advance the initial allocation :cry:

even still. villa have taken decent followings to gp in the past

To be fair, Football is dying on its feet, and the economic climate in the country is beginning to bite home, It will get worse, and for quite a few clubs.

Incidently, spent a little time drinking with you guys after the game yesterday. Top fans, and very friendly......better than the scandinavians from across Stanley Park by a mile :winkold: 8)

I there is a malaise. Outside of Man City, United, Chelsea and the rebirth of Kenny's Liverpool, not many other clubs will sell out week after week this season. Tottenham and Stoke will probably be well supported this season I think, but the rest of us. Meh!

Ues you were vocal. But i was dissapointed. Villa like us are a big club. But only bring 1600 was poor.not selling any seats in the upper.

Why?

Have no idea whether true or not and have my doubts but was told that we were't allowed the upper tier, due to previous incidents.

even still. villa have taken decent followings to gp in the past

To be fair, Football is dying on its feet, and the economic climate in the country is beginning to bite home, It will get worse, and for quite a few clubs.

Incidently, spent a little time drinking with you guys after the game yesterday. Top fans, and very friendly......better than the scandinavians from across Stanley Park by a mile :winkold: 8)

Good lad, top man.

We are friendly unlike the red necks

Like us, it seems the Everton fanbase have had enough too. Only 32k yesterday like when we played Blackburn

The fact the away end was 1600 short or what ever the top tier holds.

Plus the amount of blues that wont go back to goodison till kenwright leaves.

Our lowest season ticket sales since the 90's

it was disappointing, but give me 1850 villa fans standing and singing over 3000, or indeed 30,000 everton fans all sat in silence, occassionally standing up for a corner and singing one of their three songs; two of which are just different variations of the word 'everton'.

the loudest noise when we visit goodison every season, aside from the villa fans, is 'handball' and the constant high pitched squeals when an opposing player has the audacity to make a challenge on one of your own..

Like us, it seems the Everton fanbase have had enough too. Only 32k yesterday like when we played Blackburn

The fact the away end was 1600 short or what ever the top tier holds.

Plus the amount of blues that wont go back to goodison till kenwright leaves.

Our lowest season ticket sales since the 90's

I'm pretty sure we don't get 3400 tickets off you usually mate ... do we ???

I think the most we give anyone must be around 2500

Anyone know the exact figures ?

disappointing turnout but i thought we only took the initial allocation a couple of years back as well (when we drew 1-1 when Carew scored)?

certainly when i got my tkt for that game we were only taking the initial allocation at that point

atmosphere was half-decent but nothing overly special, i think some people are starting to believe our own hype about how great we are vocally- were decent and better than most but rarely a wall of noise for 90 mins

Â