• Petrov
    • Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Hutton
    • Given

The issue I have is I don't understand why Zog doesnt seem to be played on the wing, he seems to float around behind Bent but not really do much and playing Heskey instead of albrighton? I just want to see an offensive 442 and ok fair enough be more cautious against the bigger teams. I realise Eck can't win no matter how we play and he needs time to get the new players playing the way he wants, but my argument is that the current team and tactics aren't working.

MOTD really do hate us don't they? I don't care what anyone says they are very much anti-villa when it comes to running order.

Not really.

The two Manchester teams are playing the best football and scoring the most amount of goals.

Ours was an average game that managed to have 4 goals in it.

Just back, and im a little pissed.

Great day out, Everton fans were great in their locals. Wore my villa shirt after the game in a few of their pubs, and not a problem. Good and proper fans.

Pussy in Liverpool is just unbelievable. One of my fave away fixtures.

Wont say much about the game, since the view we had was shite. Fair result though.

Petrovs goal was specail.

In reality, it's one of our best starts of the season being unbeaten still etc but it feels like one of the worse.

I'm not a moaner and I really think we have potential and I'd love it to come out, but the way we are set up to play, I just can't see that ever changing against anyone we play all season.

Sure, maybe some of the players will be changed about through the campaign but our football is just painful to watch.

Bent gets no service what-so-ever but he'll still score goals, but he'll know he can do better in a better team, which is why he left Sunderland to come to us before all our best attacking players left....

Having watched the match on Football First, here is my verdict..

I didn't think Everton were that much better than us, they deserved to win the game but it was the pounding it was made out to be on here. Both teams were poor. The first half we tried numerous hoofs which didn't come off, STILL we have defenders whacking it up-field when it's not necessary.

Second half was much better. We stopped playing hoofs and thus we kept the ball for longer. That said we still look clueless going forward for the most part, like we lack a blueprint. At least under MON everyone knew what the job was - get the ball to Ash for him to cross it but under Mcleish everyone looks a bit clueless on what to do when we make it into the opponents half. Speculative long shots are just a waste most of the time (Delph, Bannan) Petrov's was a lovely goal but lets be honest his success rate at them is dire.

N'Zogbia and Gabby were too narrow today as well...push them out further put Bannan behind Bent.

It would be great if some of our players could learn the art of the shot-feint too. Man Utd players do it all the time (including Ashley Young of course) but we are shocking at it and never seem to use this simple skill (Gabby I'm looking at you vs Distin).

I love Bannan but he was a little bit too eager today. The best players play with a casual arrogance (Henry, Rooney) Bannan played like this in the week casually stroking it around but today he was running around too much chasing play not helped though by his team mates not passing to him, apart from Albrighton later on.

I'd be fuming if I was an Everton fan as this was definitely 2 points dropped for them. I still can't believe that we managed to hold on at the end and leave with a point that we didn't deserve. I also still can't believe that PETROV not only scored but scored a great goal. When I saw him lining it up I thought 'no don't **** shoot you clearing in the woods'

Bent shouldn't have played. Given has been superb so far. Dunne played well. I still can't see why so many people on here rate Delph highly. Same goes for Bannan. Really hope Jenas is fit for next game as our midfield is too weak!

Fair enough we are still unbeaten but these draws need to be turning into wins sooner rather than later!!! Alot of work needs to be done at Bodymoor Heath this week as the current system is clearly not working. I can't put up with our current playing style all season. Apart from the odd lapse here and there we look ok at the back, there's just **** all really happening going forward! Sort it out Eck before its to late!

Given = 8, kept us in the game with some great saves, one blunder thankfully went unpunished.

Hutton = 5, not a great debut. Match fit?

Warnock = 6, not great but made a crucial block or two.

Dunne = 8, held the whole defence together, very good.

Collins = 6.5, mostly good, the odd mistake and some hoofball.

N'Zogbia = 6, OK but I hoped for more.

Delph = 4, a youngster getting regular games at last, so unfortunately these kind of games are going to happen. Jenas is breathing down his neck, so he's going to have to impress the manager in training.

Petrov = 7.5, great goal, and other than that a normal Stan-like game.

Bent = 4.5, I'm just going to assume he's not fully fit, because he was lethargic and completely fluffed the couple of chances that came his way.

Agbonlahor = 7.5, good goal, not much service, but he's playing pretty well at the moment which is a great thing for the Villa.

Heskey - injured early

Bannan (for Heskey 16) - 7, really enjoyed his game, again he's a youngster, passes went astray occasionally and he was outmuscled here and there, but mostly he played adventurously and well.

Albrighton (for N'Zogbia 72) - one great cross.

Ireland (for Delph 80) - not on long enough to rate. Hope to see more.

How Everton must hate playing us. Yesterday was like the game at the start of last season when we somehow managed to beat them 1-0 at Villa Park despite them outplaying us for most of the game.Happy with the point but not the performance.

Back 5

Looked okay with Given and Dunne leading.

Given - 8: Some really good saves. What a bargain at £3.5m.

Hutton - 5: Poor. I am hoping he is not match fit and will get up to speed after a few games.

Warnock - 6: Not great but made a crucial block or two and worked hard.

Dunne - 9: Carried on his form from midweek and before and was the rock in our defence.

Collins - 6: Did okay. Difficult game for him with no real focal point from Everton to defend against. Still the hoofball - when will he learn. I still think Cuellar should be playing in front of Collins when fit.

Front 6

McLeish hasn't got a clue. He has pushed Petrov further forward but he just doesn't have the engine for this. As a consequence, he is asking to Delph to do the defensive work and that is not the kid's strength. Delph is a playmaker and needs a DCM alongside him and a no.10 in front of him.

N'Zogbia - 5: Okay but I am hoping for a big improvement when he gets up to speed. I think he is struggling from not having a pre-season.

Delph - 4: Not great BUT see above.

Petrov - 5: Great goal, but pants otherwise. Not mobile enough and nowhere against a better opposition midfield. Accommodating him is ruining Delph's Game.

Gabby - 7: Great goal, but little supply/fluency/understanding. He is somewhat wasted.

Heskey - n/a: Early injury.

Bent - 4: Hopefully injured, because he was poor, but shouldn't have started!

Bannan - 6: Did well, but was outmuscled regularly. Like Delph, he really needs a minder to allow him to play.

Albrighton - 6: Great cross. Deserves a chance now.

Ireland - n/a: Not on long enough to rate, but looked like he wanted to work for the team and made a real effort.

We got a point at a tough place. We were so lucky, but I don't give a flying ****, I didn't see Everton fans whining about utterly mugging Blackburn two weeks ago, did you? No. They must be fuming they didn't win that. We certainly need to improve, but we once again dug deep when we needed to, and took our chances to level twice. Petrov's goal was a corker.

Â