• Petrov
    • Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Hutton
    • Given

Absolutely ridiculous comments on this thread and in others on individual players. We weren't at the races today, played poorly and I'm quite sure that McLeish will say as much about that first half in particular. But we dug in, got a great away point in the circumstances and I'm quite sure we'll be better next time out. There's room for improvement but let's face it, we knew that anyway after losing so many players in the summer. We've got a weaker team than last year with kids like Delph finding their feet. Of course people like him will be inconsistent - he's barely played a handful of games in the league. Give them time. Some of the rubbish I've read today is listed below - just to highlight how much hyperbole some of the rest of us have to waft through to read anything intelligent:

We are definitely one of the main relegation candidates

As poor as I've ever seen us play

We may as well loan Bent out

Everton won't be allowed to look this good again this season.

To be honest with you lads, we would have been better off sticking with Gary Mac

Is there a worse possession team than us atm? Even Stoke can hold the ball better.

delph is championship standard

I thought having McLeish as manager would make us defensively sound? It seems that now we can't really defend

We were poor but I think there were some moments that showed some hope. I thought Delph was OK, surprised that he's had so much grief on here, he is going to be an important player for us - he certainly wasn't any worse than Bannan in the second half but he seems to be the latest 'golden boy' whilst Delph is turning into the scapegoat.

I honestly think that we'll get better than this, we're a very young team that is still bedding in, we've got the players and we're still unbeaten.

Christ, some people on this forum are deluded. We could go the whole season unbeaten and still get relegated, you know. Drawing games isn't enough. You have to win them too. Blues went down last season because they drew too many games.

Christ, some people on this forum are deluded. We could go the whole season unbeaten and still get relegated, you know. Drawing games isn't enough. You have to win them too. Blues went down last season because they drew too many games.

Yeah thanks we know that.

We're also not expected to go and beat teams like Everton away from home. Although we should be beating the likes of Wolves at home.

Yeah thanks we know that.

We're also not expected to go and beat teams like Everton away from home. Although we should be beating the likes of Wolves at home.

I don't expect us to beat anyone. I do however expect us try and beat anyone.

Thought Given and Dunne were excellent today. God knows how we got a point though and I must say I am dreading when we play Citeh or Manure

:lol:

Thought the whole team was poor today apart from the two mentioned, Warnock was bad today but has been good all season so wont give him too much grief.

My worry is Nzogbia who continues to look nowhere near good enough to replace Downing or Young.

I have said it all season and will say it again, Fabian Delph in the middle why?????? I dont get people raving about him as I thought he was poor again today as he was against Wolves and Fulham, I think Jenas is straight in to be honest.

My biggest gripe is the way we set up so negativley, we should have gone out and gone for Everton today, they have no strikers, have sold their best player and the fans have turned on the owner but Eck set out not to lose rather than to win. Pathetic we should have gone for them today but didnt and that is the main reason why I find it hard to get behind McLeish.

Let's not forget we haven't played anyone any good this season either. The fixture list early doors has been very kind to us. The real test is when we start playing top 5 teams, not piss poor Blackburns, Fulhams and threadbare Evertons.

Just got back from the game.

I thought we were bullied out of it for the most part. We really struggled to come to terms with Fellani in the middle of the park and in the first half, we were far too narrow.

We showed a lot of bottle to come back twice, especially with so many players out of sorts, i.e. Bent.

We have that hard to beat quality back, with Dunne in top form too.

Last season, conceding a late goal, we'd have lost it, so its pleasing to see we have the resolution in us to battle it out for a point when we were playing so iffy. A point away from home is always a good result, especially at a place like Goodison.

Hoping for better performance wise and three points at home next up, but plenty of comitment there.

Blues went down last season because they drew too many games.
That's a very strange claim to make.

If you look at where SHA were last season in early Feb, before their League cup win, they were 14th, one place above us with a game in hand, with a record of W6 D12 L8.

They won the League Cup and embarked on a disastrous run of W2 D3 L7, which left their final record as W8 D15 L15.

How in McGrath's name you work out from that their relegation was due to drawing too many games, I don't know.

They were relegated because they lost nearly 60% of their games in the run up to the season end. A couple more draws instead of defeats would have kept them up.

Blues went down last season because they drew too many games.
That's a very strange claim to make.

If you look at where SHA were last season in early Feb, before their League cup win, they were 14th, one place above us with a game in hand, with a record of W6 D12 L8.

They won the League Cup and embarked on a disastrous run of W2 D3 L7, which left their final record as W8 D15 L15.

How in McGrath's name you work out from that their relegation was due to drawing too many games, I don't know.

They were relegated because they lost nearly 60% of their games in the run up to the season end. A couple more draws instead of defeats would have kept them up.

I was basing my opinion on the facts that a) only Newcastle and Wigan lost less games than them in the bottom half of the table and B) only one team in the league drew more games than them, and that was Fulham.

Yes, you are right in saying that "A couple more draws instead of defeats would have kept them up", but to be fair, one more win instead of a couple of draws would have kept them up.

Let's not forget we haven't played anyone any good this season either. The fixture list early doors has been very kind to us. The real test is when we start playing top 5 teams, not piss poor Blackburns, Fulhams and threadbare Evertons.

Ok, so mpeople say that our first real test is against Wolves, we got a draw and deserved a win, so then people say that our first real test is against Everton. A poor game and a point later this wasn't a real teal test either? Our only real tests will there for being against the top teams that I think most will agree on that we don't compete against? And if we beat any of them?Or draw? Will our real test be when we play against Barce-**** cheaters-lona? I'm tired of this "real test". We've played 4 games and lost none. Won 1 and drawn 3. Not a superb start, but a decent one, IMO. Even though we played very poor for most of the game today. The more important that we got a point today. Imagine to be Everton today.

Ok, so mpeople say that our first real test is against Wolves, we got a draw and deserved a win, so then people say that our first real test is against Everton. A poor game and a point later this wasn't a real teal test either? Our only real tests will there for being against the top teams that I think most will agree on that we don't compete against? And if we beat any of them?Or draw? Will our real test be when we play against Barce-**** cheaters-lona? I'm tired of this "real test". We've played 4 games and lost none. Won 1 and drawn 3. Not a superb start, but a decent one, IMO. Even though we played very poor for most of the game today. The more important that we got a point today. Imagine to be Everton today.

First real test was Wolves? I never said that. And you think we deserved a win? :lol:

First real test was Wolves? I never said that. And you think we deserved a win? :lol:

Ok, many said that. Maybe not you. And yes, I think we did very much deserve a win there, just as much as we didn'ät deserve one today.

But saying that our first real test is against any of the top 6 is, IMO, really just plain daft. Do we really think we compete with them?

Â