X Factor 2011

andykeenan

I think there is more talent in it this year than any other year to be fair

That is interesting because I had the opposite impression.

Only 4/16 acts that "sang" on Saturady night managed to complete the full song in tune.

It was pretty shit from start to finish.

I think there is more talent in it this year than any other year to be fair

really? :shock:

i thought this year is easily the worst talent for many years, other years there are 3 or 4 who are really strong singers, this year 1 or 2 max.

• 3 weeks later...

X Factor USA contestant Melanie Amaro makes our lot look like flipping amateurs... she is absolutely amazing and Cowell at first

unbeleivably chose two 14 yr olds to take through instead of her at his Judges house. Had to grovel and reinstate her though thank goodness!

The guy from Columbus Ohio is also brilliant but she is something else...

Melanie Amaro X Factor USA

I watched the results show last night, it really is a disgrace isn't it. There are more talented singers in any pub on a Saturday night Karaoke. I'm not sure what they're playing at, the ratings have taken a huge dive and they're working with a bunch of talentless clowns. Is it Cowell's plan to make himself look like he was the one propping it up? I dunno but I'll continue to watch as little of it as possible (sometimes points are required for upcoming football coverage).

any of the X-factor USA final 12 would easily win our X-factor.

such a gulf in talent.

Jade from FIFE had a great voice and would have given the USA lot a run for their money. Oh apparently she & her tattoes weren't good enough!

I think you're right though in the main... I've watched both X Factors and the gulf in talent is overwhelming.

Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajkic are my favourites I think so far in US.

I caught the first act on Saturday before watching the last couple of episodes of House on my tab. The boy band were shocking but not quite as bad as the unbelievable over the top comments from the judges who must have been watching a different performance to me.

So the fugly guy from the group who was ill last week got kicked out, I mean packed it in so that someone from another band who had already been kicked out could be asked to join them and it was all the band members decision because they showed us.......

Manipulation pure and simple

any of the X-factor USA final 12 would easily win our X-factor.

such a gulf in talent.

must admit for whatever reason i watched the judges houses bit on the USA version and the talent pool there was miles better than anything the UK show has produced ... my only gripe was the house auditions had clearly been re-recorded in a studio and gone through a mixing deck

my only gripe was the house auditions had clearly been re-recorded in a studio and gone through a mixing deck

Glad someone else noticed that as well. Made the whole thing a bit false if you ask me...

The UK X Factor finalists mime their joint opening song too methinks.

Â