No Angel, Solano or DLC, so the great Arsenal sweepstake....

Oaks

How many will we lose by?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many will we lose by?

• 6 or more.

Come on, a 0-0 or 1-1 isn't out of the question, who knows, we might even get a win! I know they will be massive favourites, but that will take all the pressure off of us, and pile it onto them. if we can keep it tight until 1/2 time we'll have a good (*slight*) chance.

Arsenal are not perfect- they have Lehman who is prone to the old 'Barthez' moment, and hopefully, seeing this as an easy win, they might not field thier strongest outfit.

After all, this is 'the beautiful game' and from time to time you get the most un-likely results. Lets stay positive in the pre-match build up!! :D

Guest RantinRob

Remember a few seasons back when we lead them 2-0 at HT thanks to Merse and Stone?

We still lost :-(

Remember a few seasons back when we lead them 2-0 at HT thanks to Merse and Stone?

We still lost :-(

Yep, that was one of the few Villa games i have been to, great experience tho, remember shouting all kinds of obsenities about those ''French C*NTS!!!!'', Highbury being a library, and Ljungberg having a 'strawberry on his head' :mrgreen: (not to mention a chicken head bastard!).

I also remember seeing poor Steve Stone get sandwiched by Sol and Vieira when he was running the ball out or play toward us.

Most of all i remember the joy of leading 2-0 on thier turf, and the agony after the game.

But what stuck with me was the feeling 'we had them for the taking', We can beat them, and we shouldn't fear playing them on thier own doorstep.

I would be over the moon with a point, i won't complain if we give them a run for thier money and loose, like the time mentioned, BUT, i'm going for a 1-0 win, with Vass being taken out by Lehman for a penalty.

Up The Villa

We should play like this...

Man mark Henry.

Kick & wind them up. Henry, Pires, Vieira & Ljunberg are all petulant pricks. Pick Berson, Hendrie & McCann. McCann & Berson can kick them & Hendrie can wind them up.

Play long ball. We haven`t got a chance of out passing them, so hoof it up to Cole & hope he decides to be a "lion" on the day.

That should keep it down to 3 - 0 :)

i remember last season we played really well and still lost 2-0

i wouldn't rule out a draw or even a win though, the pressure is really on them now they're so close to 50 games unbeaten (they do have the distinct advantage of being **** class, but i'll ignore that)

Villa WILL win and I am deadly serious.

It is in the stars ... and I haven't been drinking and haven't gone mad either!

... yes, but what drugs are you on?

I'm also going for a villa victory... i think a sneaky 2-1 could be in order... DV will have a blinder (put your money on him for first goal)

I think I have predicted a Villa win at every game so far this season ( contrary to popular opinion that I am a pessimist with a half full glass ) and been let down most of the time.

I do not expect to be let down this time though.

I'm going for an Arsenal win 3-0.

Its a bit of a joke,thats why i never added a selection for a draw. Although i dont expect us to pick up anything.

With the 3 amigos i would have thought this tough, but now i can't see us even getting a respectable result.

Well put it this way. Mellberg is on my fantasy bench for the next round, and a Palace defender has taken his place :shock:

I've gone for a 3 goal beating.

OK, so the local manc opinion is that wenger will throw this game as they don't want to give mancredclowns the phsychological coup of breaking their unbeaten run in game number 50.

So lump your money on the villa :?:

OK, so the local manc opinion is that wenger will throw this game as they don't want to give mancredclowns the phsychological coup of breaking their unbeaten run in game number 50.

Typically arrogant. No wonder people hate Man U supporters so much. Wenger must be pissing himself at this one. The idea that he contrives a loss to someone else because he just knows, deep down, that they will beat him...pass the sick bag.

Well I think in the scheme of things Arsenal away was the most likely place to drop all 3 points so I'm just holding out for a decent performance, maybe a memorable goal or something but I still think we'll lose 4/5-1