GTA 5

Genie

WANTED LEVELS

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

This line alone makes me want to call BS on the whole lot. Would make the game unplayable. Smells like something made up by an enthusiastic fanboy trying to mix in elements of Hitman, without thinking things through.

WANTED LEVELS

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

This line alone makes me want to call BS on the whole lot. Would make the game unplayable. Smells like something made up by an enthusiastic fanboy trying to mix in elements of Hitman, without thinking things through.

He did say 24 in-game hours, not 24 real-time hours. It wouldn't take long to pass, especially if GTA 5 follows suit with it's predecessors in that you can go to sleep and fast-forward the clock 6 hours or however many it was.

This isn't me saying I believe all the stuff this guy leaked however.

May 2013 release date? I can't see it, almost 2 years after the first trailer? I think it's going to be the end of the year/early next.

I don't really ever acknowledge rumours though.

WANTED LEVELS

He did say 24 in-game hours, not 24 real-time hours. It wouldn't take long to pass, especially if GTA 5 follows suit with it's predecessors in that you can go to sleep and fast-forward the clock 6 hours or however many it was.

I saw that it was in-game hours and it would still be unplayable, in the sense most people would find it so annoying they'd just put it down. For previous games you've had to save at the safe house like 3 or 4 times to even advance the game 24 hours, which would be a stupid requirement just to wash your wanted slate clean. Assuming you don't do that and just carry on playing after your 4-star+ rating, that's like an hour or so in real time for the gameworld to run its daily cycle, during which any cop in the game is going to come after you on sight. Even if they only come back after you on a 1-star level it would make the simplest journey into an enormous headache. Then it says that 5 star and higher have even longer requirements for evasion. Unless there are massive changes to the evasion system I just find it too silly to believe.

It doesn't even make much sense from a game-logic standpoint. 'Searching for someone matching your description' is what the cops do when you're Wanted. But in GTA5 they still do it when you're no longer Wanted?? I smell a fish stench unless Rockstar are smoking the funny stuff and want to play at making a Hitman game.

WANTED LEVELS

I saw that it was in-game hours and it would still be unplayable, in the sense most people would find it so annoying they'd just put it down. For previous games you've had to save at the safe house like 3 or 4 times to even advance the game 24 hours, which would be a stupid requirement just to wash your wanted slate clean. Assuming you don't do that and just carry on playing after your 4-star+ rating, that's like an hour or so in real time for the gameworld to run its daily cycle, during which any cop in the game is going to come after you on sight. Even if they only come back after you on a 1-star level it would make the simplest journey into an enormous headache. Then it says that 5 star and higher have even longer requirements for evasion. Unless there are massive changes to the evasion system I just find it too silly to believe.

It doesn't even make much sense from a game-logic standpoint. 'Searching for someone matching your description' is what the cops do when you're Wanted. But in GTA5 they still do it when you're no longer Wanted?? I smell a fish stench unless Rockstar are smoking the funny stuff and want to play at making a Hitman game.

It never stated the specifics of it, and I'm certain even if such thing was true it would not be put in in the way you're imagining obviously.

Seems like a pretty basic idea to me. Get a 4 star rating or more = the police remember it for 1-3 in-game days. However that would work, it would be a pain in the arse. I've talked to people who were already put off by how sensitive the police were in GTA4. Personally I doubt Rockstar would put in further arbitrary deterrents to hellraising and sandboxing, using gameplay ideas inspired by stealth-based games. So I reckon we're just discussing some kid's brainstormed wishlist.

Edit: The same IGN list was also dismissed by one of the mods on the gtaforums as 'the same ol' fake crap' & thread locked.

There will probably be some kind of mechanic where you can change your clothes and get a haircut so your appearance wont match the description the police are looking for.

• 2 months later...

Something is going to be announced on this in August it seems, whether it's a release date or another trailer I don't know but there will be somethign shown at Gamescom next month. Rockstar have took the piss with this a bit, been what, nearly a year now?

GTA IV was announced in May 2006 and released in April 2008. If it had came out a week later then there would have been exactly two years between announcement and release, so Rockstar clearly dont have a problem with making people wait. If that means the game is better when it comes out then I am cool with it.

Oh and apparently, this game is nowhere near ready. I imagine this will be there summer 2013 release, like Red Dead, San Andreas, Max Payne and whatever else they've released over the years.

It's set in San Andreas, which is GTA's fictionalised version of the triangle of land between LA, San Francisco and Vegas.

When the initial reveal came out there were plenty of websites which did a frame by frame breakdown of the trailer, and as the games media is largely based in California then there were a lot of locals pointing out various bits and pieces from obvious stuff like the Golden Gate bridge to more subtle things like the big wind farm at the Altamont Pass.

Â