GTA 5

Genie

I didn't even leave LA to explore the massive game map.

it was one of the agmes main downfalls IMO, huge map with areas of little interest, missions that required a 5-10 minute drive before they even started

It's a funny thing, this is exactly one of the reasons why I loved San Andreas

Rockstar press release apparently makes no mention of anything other than a Los Santos setting - i.e. it might well not be the full San Andreas setting, instead being Los Santos and surrounding countryside.
I read that too, so how are they going to improve on San Andreas then if the area is much smaller?
There will be other places on the game, you can clearly see two in the trailer.
I know there will be other places, but there's not going to be any other cities by the looks of it.

It's a frame by frame breakdown of the trailer (incredibly geeky, I know) but the people who made it live in L.A. and pointed out that the Interstate 5, which is the motorway between Los Angeles and San Francisco is in the trailer. The bit with all the windmills is the

which is on the main road from the I5 to the Bay Area.

I think it is pretty safe to say there will be more trailers showing more areas in the future too. I wouldnt rule out Las Vegas being in the game either.

I just hope they ramp up the fun factor and take out the 'let's hang out with friends' elements that ruined IV for me.

See I thought that was better on IV than on SA.

On IV you dind't really have to do it. And there wasn't really that much of it.

Where as on SA there was loads of stuff to do like going to the gym and eating and stuff and you basically HAD to do it.

It took the fun out of it for me on SA, but not on IV.

I hated having to eat! That was one of the worst ideas they put in to the GTA series, that and any mission where you use remote control helicopters.

Oh my god, that was possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever had to sit through on a computer game!

:shock: The fast food restaurants were hilarious! :D the greatest thing about the GTA series imo is the fact that the games are city-sized parodies of American consumerism and ignorance. Fantastic.

I just hope they ramp up the fun factor and take out the 'let's hang out with friends' elements that ruined IV for me.

See I thought that was better on IV than on SA.

On IV you dind't really have to do it. And there wasn't really that much of it.

Where as on SA there was loads of stuff to do like going to the gym and eating and stuff and you basically HAD to do it.

It took the fun out of it for me on SA, but not on IV.

I hated having to eat! That was one of the worst ideas they put in to the GTA series, that and any mission where you use remote control helicopters.

Oh my god, that was possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever had to sit through on a computer game!

:shock: The fast food restaurants were hilarious! :D the greatest thing about the GTA series imo is the fact that the games are city-sized parodies of American consumerism and ignorance. Fantastic.

It was the remote control planes/helicopters I hated, not the eating.

I've never understood the point in cheating on games unless you are well and truly stuck.

I've thought of one thign I'd like them to improve for GTA V.

The general control of the vehicles, as in their handling etc.

It was pretty crap in GTA IV. You got used to it after a while, but it was like the cars had the highest and softest suspension ever!

I've thought of one thign I'd like them to improve for GTA V.

The general control of the vehicles, as in their handling etc.

It was pretty crap in GTA IV. You got used to it after a while, but it was like the cars had the highest and softest suspension ever!

I do miss the earlier GTA games' handling. Taking a 90 degree corner at 60 mph? Why not.

It only seems like you have to take the corners unnaturally slowly because it comes naturally to travel around at stupendously risky speeds all the rest of the time. Because there is no manual transmission control, it's easy not to notice that you're traveling top gear, top speed along straights only a few hundred yards long.

Personally I thought GTA4's handling was perfect, but maybe the game could do a better job of tutoring the player to get the most out of it - when to use the handbrake, when to use the footbrake, when to feather the brakes, when to coast, when to feather the accelerator, and all that. For me, I could play a little bit of RaceDriver: GRID and then a little bit of GTA4 and not have to make any mental adjustment in the way I approached the driving. Both made a great stab at trying to mix realism with arcadey-ness.

It only seems like you have to take the corners unnaturally slowly because it comes naturally to travel around at stupendously risky speeds all the rest of the time. Because there is no manual transmission control, it's easy not to notice that you're traveling top gear, top speed along straights only a few hundred yards long.

Personally I thought GTA4's handling was perfect, but maybe the game could do a better job of tutoring the player to get the most out of it - when to use the handbrake, when to use the footbrake, when to feather the brakes, when to coast, when to feather the accelerator, and all that. For me, I could play a little bit of RaceDriver: GRID and then a little bit of GTA4 and not have to make any mental adjustment in the way I approached the driving. Both made a great stab at trying to mix realism with arcadey-ness.

I'd disagree with most of that.

• 5 months later...
Â