GTA 5

Genie

Trailer left me a bit nonplussed.

Los Santos, at least, hints that it's going full San Andreas, cool enough, but besides that it struck me as being GTA4 again as an initial reaction. Even the (already set up) reluctant criminal angle that Nico had elements of.

Hoping the coming months reveal rather more to be hyped about.

[Citation Needed]

I dont doubt that some of those things are true, but two seconds on Google tells me that list originated on 4Chan, which is about as unreliable source as is possible to get.

List was posted a few days ago. Before it was announced that it was set in San Andreas. Also mentions Los Santos, which was also in the trailer.

The list is also, however, we must assume, wrong - it claims the main character is Hispanic and involved in turf wars. The trailer leads us to the conclusion that we play as a middle aged man, and hints quite heavily (though we cannot say decisively it as good as confirms this) that he is a white man. He does not appear to be the type to be involved in gangland turfwars.

Much of the rest of it you could have guessed pretty easily. The San Andreas setting was the number one guess of pretty much everyone.

...I wouldn't hold it in too great an esteem. As Rev says, it's from 4Chan.

[Citation Needed]

I dont doubt that some of those things are true, but two seconds on Google tells me that list originated on 4Chan, which is about as unreliable source as is possible to get.

List was posted a few days ago. Before it was announced that it was set in San Andreas. Also mentions Los Santos, which was also in the trailer.

Something that you left out of that list, it claims the trailer was 1:04 long, it isn't. I think that whole list is largely wrong.

[Citation Needed]

And? They were talking about those kinds of rumours on the gaming podcasts almost two weeks ago. Like most of these things, the list takes one or two points which are true and builds on them with a plethora of bullshit.

I hope they improve the radio which iirc was sail on the mayonnaise sea in SA and IMO is a huge reason why VC is remembered more favourably
The radio in SA was great. VC's radio was good too but I think the reason everyone thinks it was the best is because it was set in the 80s.

I hope they improve the radio which iirc was sail on the mayonnaise sea in SA and IMO is a huge reason why VC is remembered more favourably
The radio in SA was great. VC's radio was good too but I think the reason everyone thinks it was the best is because it was set in the 80s.
Got to disagree, it shouldn't but for me the radio was a huge part of VC, I didn't care much for it at all on SA, infact I basically hated all of it. The 80's setting, radio and general feel of VC was what set it apart, it wasn't really anywhere near as good as SA, but I think a lot of people preferred it.

I liked VC, but since I was born after the 80s I never got that nostalgia while playing it. I think that's why a lot of people love it so much.
I wasn't born in the 80's either, but I'd seen Scarface and enough films to get it. I hoped it'd get the next gen treatment, because the potential for that game on the new consoles would be amazing, just with how that game looked in general.

I hope it doesn't get the next gen treatment. There's only been one main GTA game so far (GTA2) that hasn't been set in either Liberty City, Vice City or San Andreas. I'd really love to see a new city after V.

And GTA: London

I hope it doesn't get the next gen treatment. There's only been one main GTA game so far (GTA2) that hasn't been set in either Liberty City, Vice City or San Andreas. I'd really love to see a new city after V.

And GTA: London

That wasn't really a main game though.

Still, it means part of the original GTA was in London if you like.

But anyway, i think it's pretty varied. It's only because the original used Liberty, Vice and San Andreas that it seems unvaried. Excluding that

GTA 2: Some sort of future USA City. Different original anyway

GTA III: Liberty City

GTA VC: Vice City

GTA SA: San Andreas

GTA IV: Liberty City

GTA V: "Los Santos"

It's not like they're constantly in the same city really.

From IGN.com

"Rockstar has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V will be set in its fictional world of San Andreas.

San Andreas is a fictional U.S Southwestern state which includes three cites based on real U.S cities - Los Santos, (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). Rockstar has a habit of tweaking its cities, and GTA V is set in modern day, so it's possible that area names and the city's layout will change."

San Andreas being remade, sounds good to me.

GTA Vice City had the best storyline and sountrack (albeit the storyline a has of about 5 different films).

the radio's are the best of ANY GTA game. the comedy the adverts "rusty browns ring doughnuts. I just love the batter all over my face".

it highlighted how awesome music was in the 80s.

the will struggle to better the stations on that game.

didn't think much of San Andreas.

I just think San Andreas was a much more complete experience to Vice City. I preferred Vercetti to CJ, but for it's time the map was amazing. It huge with so much variation. 3 cities, countryside, desert, climbable mountains, random bars in the middle of nowhere, area 69.

Easily my favourite GTA so far so really chuffed with this news.

Â