GTA 5

Genie

I hope it isn't San Andreas. Since San Andreas was very closely modeled on LA, San Francisco, Vegas, Califonia and Nevada, there wouldn't really be anything new to see in V. I know Liberty City was done in III as well as IV but the Liberty City in III only loosely resembled New York where as IV was modeled heavily on it.

Not sure on the setting (although I would not be disappointed by a San Andreas setting. I loved the variety), but a lot of the talk, which I think has merit, has the plot set against the financial crisis. Given how Rockstar loves some satirical elements to their games, I can definitely see it.

We shall see tomorrow anywho. It'll still be a circa a year away but it'll get the tongues wagging. Heres hoping it's a bit more fun than GTA4 was, which whilst an impressive title just didn't have the fun factor of the old games.

Sounds plausible. In that case, perhaps Washington D.C. could be the setting?
That would be insanely dull, too much like GTA 4 IMO.

I think they'll just put the financial thing into the characters and radio stations, I'm not sure it'll be so noticeable in game.

If it's out on the next console, what would be the issue of including a few cities?

So it could well be San Andreas, Vice City AND another.

The money aspect was one of the most disappointing things in the last game, you could make money sure. But not take over the city to the same extent as you could in past titles. If they're including dollar bills even in the early marketing shots, there's a fair chance finance plays a big role in this version.

I can't see it being on the next generation of consoles, as surely that would mean that they would be announcing the next consoles beforehand. This won't happen and I'm sure Sony and Microsoft wouldn't allow Rockstar to let the world know about new consoles before they do so themselves...

GTA: Europe.

Then the DLC would be endless as they could just make various cities throughout Europe and have flights that go between them. Perhaps that could be a possibility in the next gen of consoles...

It won't be on new consoles because they are at least 2 years away and Rockstar/Take2 need a big new title out before the end of next year, and the only other thing they're releasing is Max Payne, which is out in March and isn't big enough.

That kind of stuff wouldnt happen until consoles are no longer 'consoles' - if you get what I mean.

There's still the issue of cramming everything onto a disc, meaning for the mean time, endless possibilities are not possible :lol:

To do that you'd need alot of room on your console (>1tb), with very powerful processors and you would have to download or stream games rather than buy them.

a bit like WOW, but with better graphics say, I reckon 2 more 'generations' and we'll be seeing it. But until then, buying hard copies of everything will limit the size and complexity of anything you see on a console.

Look at BF3 on the 360, you've already got 2 discs for that!

why should it be America AGAIN?

why not another country?

I would love it to be somewhere like the UK (obviously) or somewhere like Italy, racing around small streets, the proper mafia, eastern european mobs, much better architectural places (venice, rome etc).

can you imagine the mission where you have to get involved in a mass brawl between Roma and Lazio fans and have to escape on scooters through the streets?

that would be epic.

why should it be America AGAIN?

why not another country?

Because of two things I think. Firstly, America is the biggest market. There are 310 million people in the USA, appealing to them first makes sense from a business point of view. Secondly guns are legal over there and that makes sense from a lore point of view. Having a game where everybody is packing heat makes much more sense in a country where you can buy a rifle from the same shop as you buy your groceries, and we dont have that anywhere in Europe.

The United States is a fascinating place though. It isnt really a country either, its a continent under one government. There is so much more to see than New York and Los Angeles, and I would love to see a game set somewhere else. Maybe in the deep south or Texas.

GTA became a satire of US culture, the 'spirit' of the series is now that it's somewhat poking fun at America. It can't really do that anywhere else and, now, to go somewhere else would fundamentally alter the franchise as we know it.

GTA Sydney wouldn't be bad. I know V won't be set in Sydney but Sydney is much more similar to America than any European city. There's also a lot of variety there too. Only problem is Australian culture isn't as prolific as American or even British culture.

GTA London was awesome though. in terms of the guns purchasing there is always ways around that.

they will have to change countries eventually because they have done most of the big cities.

I'd find any Europe based game to be poor, when I think of GTA I think of roaming around America, and seeing the imitated landmarks whilst it pokes fun at American culture. It just wouldn't be the same in another country to me. I wouldn't be so interested in one that was in England, The Getaway was a horrible game to me because it was so dull and felt like every bad cockney gangster film. You can get away from the simple city look with America. That was what the PS2 GTA's did so well. As Rev said, I think Texas or a similar state could be an interesting one to do.

Trailer is at 4pm, an hour from now.

Â