GTA 5

Genie

What American city has enough character to be original though? San Francisco maybe? Othe than that hard to see them stepping away from SA or VC (which I hope they do) can't see them going abroad can't see VC working current day

IMO the setting / story is as challenging as the updated game engine

I agree. Much as I'd like to seen updated GTA: London, the whole cockney gangster things feels tired out thanks to The Getaway, Guy Ritchie, Danny Dyer and the like.

A modern GTA game with Cockney speakers would feel really, really, really odd.

What American city has enough character to be original though? San Francisco maybe? Othe than that hard to see them stepping away from SA or VC (which I hope they do) can't see them going abroad can't see VC working current day

Chicago in the 20's - although there is the obvious problem with audio available in cars. And lack of variation in cars themselves.

Mafia II was as good as anything to provide that GTA 'fix.' Way too short in missions, but had an authentic New York 40's and 50's feel to it- complete with decent score.

I loved GTA IV. The friends mechanic was a bit shite, but other than that it was a great game. Liberty City on 360 was more fun than any of the previous cities. For me the weak link in the series is San Andreas, which remains the only GTA game I havent completed. That felt too bloated and the countryside sections were too sparse. I'd love to see GTA V go back to the vibe of the PS2 games though, Vice City was pretty much perfect in tone and length.

Absolutely "This"

I agree. Much as I'd like to seen updated GTA: London, the whole cockney gangster things feels tired out thanks to The Getaway, Guy Ritchie, Danny Dyer and the like.

Trivial issue, but Danny Dyer has been a fairly major character in GTA Vice City and San Andreas.

http://www.kentpaul.com/

Looks like San Andreas.
That was my first thought. I'd be more than happy with that area being re-done. Just leave Liberty City.

Odd that this has come up when literally just yesterday I was checking for news on GTA 5 and all I found were things about GTA 3's 10 year anniversary. They kept a lid on this one well.

It'll be out next summer.

Trivial issue, but Danny Dyer has been a fairly major character in GTA Vice City and San Andreas.

http://www.kentpaul.com/

Ya but a city full of them? :lol:

Bah. I was desperately rooting for VC. They had better bring back the open areas, and Vegas is a must too. If of course they choose to bring it back to SA.

The potential to this game almost disappoints me, the current consoles, or the 360 at least is too limited to produce the sort of game GTA could be, all major buildings being open etc.

Searched for news about GTA, found the rumour but it all seems a little wishful and far too detailed for a game that won't be out any time soon.

Â