GTA 5

Genie

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

I read the part of the update is a PUBG style battle royale? 

I hadn't seen that.

But I know people had custom made some PUBG style arenas already so it's possible they adopted it officially.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That looks...unbelievably good. 

Please report back and advise if the in-game cost of doing it (pure guess work on my part, but I suppose buying the appropriate vehicles and guns?) is so high that purchasing via micro transactions is the only way to realistically do it. I'm curious if @Davkaus's comment re 'microtransaction shite like GTA' has any legs.

43 minutes ago, hogso said:

That looks...unbelievably good. 

Please report back and advise if the in-game cost of doing it (pure guess work on my part, but I suppose buying the appropriate vehicles and guns?) is so high that purchasing via micro transactions is the only way to realistically do it. I'm curious if @Davkaus's comment re 'microtransaction shite like GTA' has any legs.

The financial reward you get from doing heists will mean that whatever in game money you spend doing it will be worth it.

You get like $100,000 for doing a heist. Plus $100,000 bonus for the first one you do. Plus a shit load of other bonuses are available that I can't recall.

I think you get like a million when you complete all of them.

Guns are the only thing you need to buy for them. And body armour. Any vehicles you need are provided. You do need some money up front to host the heist, but only the person hosting it needs that, and it's not much, something like $40,000

I've never even considered spending any real money on GTA and have always had comfortably enough to do the heists. Money isn't hard to come by in the game.

Edited by Stevo985

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

I absolutely loved the story and offline side missions, I did them all a long time ago. I just don't understand the online element at all. I've tried a few times but don't know where to start or what to do.

If you're not fully immersed in it already there is no hope IMO.

There's too much stuff that has been added and everything is so expensive you'd be grinding through countless boring missions for weeks just to get on the first couple of rungs.

It started off fine. Everyone started with a stolen vehicle and a 2 car garage and the majority of people were roughly the same level. Now you've got people with multiple properties with 10 car garages in each, offices, motorcycle clubs, bunkers, warehouses and an array of OP vehicles.

I still play online and i'm a decent level, 250 something, and if i'm not in a mission I'm permanently in passive mode because i'm way behind the top level people.

The snow is cool though so have a ganders over Christmas. Usually starts Christmas Eve.

Edited by sexbelowsound

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

If you're not fully immersed in it already there is no hope IMO.

There's too much stuff that has been added and everything is so expensive you'd be grinding through countless boring missions for weeks just to get on the first couple of rungs.

It started off fine. Everyone started with a stolen vehicle and a 2 car garage and the majority of people were roughly the same level. Now you've got people with multiple properties with 10 car garages in each, offices, motorcycle clubs, bunkers, warehouses and an array of OP vehicles.

I still play online and i'm a decent level, 250 something, and if i'm not in a mission I'm permanently in passive mode because i'm way behind the top level people.

The snow is cool though so have a ganders over Christmas. Usually starts Christmas Eve.

I don't mind starting from the bottom (ouu err) but I just don't really know how to get into it. When ou say missions, are they like the offline ones playing again AI?

Whenever I've had a dabble online I just end up driving round looking for something to do. I joined a couple of team deathmatch  online gun fights which gets boring fast :-/

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't mind starting from the bottom (ouu err) but I just don't really know how to get into it. When ou say missions, are they like the offline ones playing again AI?

Whenever I've had a dabble online I just end up driving round looking for something to do. I joined a couple of team deathmatch  online gun fights which gets boring fast :-/

It does get boring. It's the only game I play and I last about 20-30 minutes before i'm bored unless it's new stuff but even that becomes boring, quickly.

I'd recommend you get into Heists or play the double money adversary modes.

The issue with heists is this you'll most likely get kicked from the job because you're a low level.

The missions are mostly working with other players against the AI then you have deathmatches, adversary modes and races which are either player vs player or team vs team.

If the lads on here get heists going i'm sure they'd let you jump in. It's randomers that will kick you because they'll think you don't know what you're doing. The only reason people do these missions anymore is for making money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Im also low ranked and haven't done the heists yet so I've probably missed the boat too.

I wouldn't say you've missed the boat. If you have mates or know people who play you're fine. It's getting in with randomers you'll struggle with, particularly for the Pacific Standard heist as most people are doing glitches for it and they need people who know what they're doing.

• 2 years later...

After not playing this for over 5 years I've just bought it for my Xbox one, as I never finished the story line....

I would really love it if there is anyone out there on Xbox still playing this that may be interested in doing some online stuff. 

Merry Xmas!

Â