GTA 5

Genie

C'mon, if ever there was a game where people could be excused for causing utter carnage and grief for other players it's GTA.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

It's much better if you have a core group of friends to play with. The VTVN had many a good time on GTA Online.

We were essentially the A-Team. Stevo was Hannibal, setting up the jobs, always possessing a cool head and commanding respect.

I was Howling Mad Murdock, first in line whenever something needed piloting whether that was dogfighting jets whilst stealing a harrier from an aircraft carrier, or expertly twisting a chopper through narrow ravines escaping the fuzz.

Jono was Faceman. Always thinking with his dick, usually resulting in getting himself and the rest of us into trouble, but damn it all if he wasn't a suave bastard as he did it.

And finally, Laps was B.A Baracus, wreaking havoc and causing chaos, and that was just directed at his teammates before we'd even started the mission. No need for him to 'black-up', mind you, bit awkward that.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

i still havent completed the heists yet, ive gotten half way through the third mission, theyve been out ages as well, most of my mates have either jumped onto other games or are on xbox

• 2 months later...

Have to say I think this update could be the death of GTA Online.

The general idea of it is good. You buy an office and a warehouse and fill it up with stolen goods to sell to the highest bidder. Potentially doubling or tripling your outlay on goods.

Where it falls down is this. Offices range from roughly £1-4 million. Then if you add in changing the look of it, an armory, a safe (That does nothing) and living quarters you could be looking at another million at least on top.

Then you need a warehouse, again rather expensive. 

Once they are all purchased you need to go to your office and choose how many crates of contraband you want to purchase ranging from 1-3 at a cost of roughly £2-18k. The plane that is supposedly delivering them always crashes and you need to retrieve your goods from the crash site.

This is where the issues begin.

If you chose either 2-3 crates you've basically shafted yourself as you can only pick up one at a time, even if you have a crew of people I believe as they are merely there to protect you. Once you have picked up the first one you have 30 seconds before everyone else in the session is made aware of the crash site so by the time you arrive to collect the second one you are greeted by a load of people in Karumas. I'm not even sure what they get for destroying the crates either to be honest.

The other issue is I think the crash sites are fairly obvious and don't vary to often so you have people just camping out by them.

Essentially what they've done is price most people out of the CEO market and created player on player chaos because the only way for most to get enjoyment out of this update is by ruining other peoples. The only reason I could partake in it is because I got lucky last weekend and two Germans were doing the Pac Standard glitch that legitimately landed me £1.5million in about 30 minutes of work. That and i'm very frugal with my money.

Once it all calms down i'd imagine it'll be a legitimate way of making money but until then its unplayable.

I went for the cheapest options for for the office and warehouse with no upgrades and it cost me close to £1.5 million I believe.

Also, you pay for the goods upfront obviously so when 2/3 crates get destroyed you lose money there.

I played for an hour before I got frustrated. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

• 1 month later...

Next online update on July 12th is called 'Cunning Stunts' and is basically Trackmania, with OTT race maps levitating over the city to race/jump around. It looks pretty great.

I played the single player for the first time in ages recently, such fun, would love to get in to the online again.

A bunch of us have this on PS4. We could easily get some games going if we wanted to.

@lapal_fan @villarule123 @Ginko and myself have all played this online a lot in the past and I'm sure we could add in some other VTers if they were up for it.

I'd be well up for it. The new CEO stuff doesn't look that great, but this new racing stuff could be really fun.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd have to buy it again. 

I got it on PS4 when they were running an offer to upgrade when the online support for PS3 ended, £25 for the digital version. As far as I know it's still ~£35 for the physical version brand new, not sure about on PSN.

But yeah, what happened with the Dark Souls 3 thing? You could use some of the money you got back from that to get it, if that's what you did. You can import you PS3 character for online very easily.

I'm playing the solo campaign again a lot recently so I'm well up for some online play. VTVN had some good times. Don't let us down, postie.

Â