Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Will Bent and Hutton be fit to start? If not I would go Herd for Hutton and Bannan for Bent and push Gabby into the lone striker role with N'Zog playing a free role behind him:

Given, Herd (Hutton), Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Petrov, Jenas, Delph, N'Zog, Gabby, Bent (Bannan).

Everton is always a tough game at their place and their mood will not be far from our own at this stage of the season so I would be happy with a point in what I anticipate will be a tight game as it so often is.

Tim Cahill has done some serious air miles over the last week and a half....flew to Australia for WC qualifier here in brisbane, played 80mins I think? Then flew to Saudi Arabia, and trained in 40deg+ heat for a few days, before being dropped for the game (he came on with 5 minutes left, game already won by Australia), and I expect flew back to the UK yesterday. I suspect that Moyes will leave him on the bench, which would be good for us.

Villa 3-1, Gabby to play as lone striker and score all 3. (!)

I'm really looking forward to this game, mostly due to the starting 11 selection.

Will Bent be fit to play?

Will Gabby or Heskey play up top if he isn't?

Who will then fill in to replace one of those two?

Will Hutton and/or Jenas come into the team?

Hurry up Saturday! :flag:

If Bent started training for the first time in 10 days today, then I doubt he will start. Maybe a sub if we need him, but I expect the Fonz to be called upon. Although Heskey and the Fonz up top doesn't strike any fear to me.

I doubt it, it seems to have been bothering him since the day he arrived so I can't imagine that anything has changed.

Goodison is a tricky place to go but has often been a happy hunting ground for us.

We are certainly playing them at a good time in terms of their injuries and the general feeling around the club so hopefully take advantage of that but I think we might struggle to score. Even if Bent is 'fit' he will at best have trained twice in 12 days which is hardly great preparation and without him on full form I'm not sure where goals will come from, even with him on top form I think goals could be lacking due to the service.

So I'm sticking with my prediction of a draw.

-----------------Given----------------------

Hutton----Dunne----Collins----Warnock

-----------------Petrov---------------------

-------------Delph-----Jenas/Bannan-----

----N'Zogbia------------Agbonlahor------

-----------------Bent----------------------

That is what I'm hoping for anyway.

Subs - Guzan, Clark, Herd, Ireland, Albrighton, Heskey & Jenas/Bannan

Possibility of a result methinks, Everton are a bit of a wounded animal at the minute. Losing Arteta and Beckford rumbles of discontent from the stands.

And with Jenas/Hutton having signed and Bannan appearing to be in good form we could steal our first away win of the season.