Houllier or Mcleish

Delphinho123

Houllier or McLeish?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Houllier or McLeish?

• McLeish
    • Houllier

Easy this one, McLeish.

When it was rumoured Houllier was a candidate last year I drew up a list of possible managers in my preferred order, Houllier was close to bottom, and nothing he did made me change that view. McLeish was higher up on my list last year (not anywhere near top mind), and so far has done little wrong in the conditions he has to work under.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club and players like McLeish. I've always thought he would be a good choice.

We were a shambles defensively last season, this needed sorting. McLeish is improving this.

If Luke Young hadn't been injured just before Blackburn scored, I suspect we would have had 3 cleansheets.

I think he needs time to get the attacking options improved but I think he'll do alot better than many think.

if i had to choose it would be AMC over Houllier yes, but that is a bit like saying i'd rather have a punch in the face rather than a kick in the nuts.

Where is the "neither" option?

it's too early to tell really.. post this topic at the end of the season

Didn't want AMC (did anyone??) but now he's here & we can't change that we have to give him a chance. The one thing i do like about AMC is he's straight talking unlike Houllier... And he must have balls the size of pillows...

If we draw Blues in the cup, don't think AMC will be saying if we get beat by anyone i would mind if it was Birmingham City, unlike that prick Houllier said at Anfield..

If we draw Blues in the cup, don't think AMC will be saying if we get beat by anyone i would mind if it was Birmingham City, unlike that prick Houllier said at Anfield..

I doubt McLeish would "rest" his regulars in midweek cup game against them either, especially if it was the last remaining silverware opportunity of the season. You'd be an idiot to do that wouldn't you?

I doubt McLeish would "rest" his regulars in midweek cup game against them either, especially if it was the last remaining silverware opportunity of the season. You'd be an idiot to do that wouldn't you?

Agreed even if it was Man City

Agreed even if it was Man City

Yes I didn't mean them as such I just meant any side

After MON legged it if I had to choose then between Houllier and McLeish it would've been Houllier. Seeing the crap job he did from day one he was never a right fit here. He thought Aston Villa was beneath him.

With hindsight I'd pick McLeish as he seems to know what he's doing but it's early days.

Houllier for me all day long. The club are really wallowing in the mire at the moment, you can butter it up as much as you want with an unbeaten start and a only one goal conceded, but actually look at who we have played and get a reality check.

Houllier I think could have changed the whole ethos of the club and the way it did its business. Too right the squad were peed off, they were having to work their socks off to get fit enough to play for 90 minutes. With ins and outs this summer, I am sure we would have had an exciting young squad with the trouble makers gone.

If the club had brought in Martinez, or Lambert then we might have said that the footballing development side was in their thoughts. As they brought in McLeish, it looks like that doesnt count at all.

The club unfortunately is on the slide, star players sold, shopping in the basement bin and crowds down to around 30k per home game. Feels like we have gone backwards ten years and the feel good factor that Randy and MON brought has evaporated like dawn mist. Sad times.

With current transfer policy (SELL) I prefer McLeish. He is negative, but keeps clean sheets, I'm still very optimistic that with N'Zogbia and Bent we score enough goals to stay in top flight.

Hopefully Delph, Bannan, Albrighton, Clark and Delfouneso can make impact, even though McLeish (not known as one to nurture talent) is in charge.

Houllier for me too fwiw. I've nothing against McLeish but would have wanted GH to have had the summer to see if he could have turned us around.

Which he couldn't have done because he wouldn't have had the money to spend and he had already shown he couldn't get the best out of what he had.

Houllier for me too fwiw. I've nothing against McLeish but would have wanted GH to have had the summer to see if he could have turned us around.

Which he couldn't have done because he wouldn't have had the money to spend and he had already shown he couldn't get the best out of what he had.

Once we signed Bent we did well to be fair.

Once we signed Bent we did well to be fair.

Not a view I share but I will leave it there because its a pointless debate and to be honest nothing could make me wish he were back at the club such is my dislike for him so I won't comment further.

Houllier = A manager that would have us playing Champions League football within 3 years..He comes in and starts to rip it up straight away, like any decent coach would..Knows the strengths and levels required to be the best..Knows the tactics and styles and the training/coaching that comes with it to be the best.Looks at players like Richard Dunne and thinks he is crap and we need better performance/or replacements to move forward..The relegation scrap and upset players was early stages of turning a club around from the bottom up. He got into the mechanics of the club and started to build from the bottom.A manager that wants to be better than Fergie and prove it, a manager that will never settle with mediocracy. He is easily a manager that could walk out out in a CL final without feeling small, he can take anybody on.

He was an embarrassment who had us battling with relegation most the season, upset most of us fans by slagging the club off and alienated half the squad.

You mention him alongside Ferguson and Champions League Finals?.....

Houllier = A manager that would have us playing Champions League football within 3 years..He comes in and starts to rip it up straight away, like any decent coach would..Knows the strengths and levels required to be the best..Knows the tactics and styles and the training/coaching that comes with it to be the best.Looks at players like Richard Dunne and thinks he is crap and we need better performance/or replacements to move forward..The relegation scrap and upset players was early stages of turning a club around from the bottom up. He got into the mechanics of the club and started to build from the bottom.A manager that wants to be better than Fergie and prove it, a manager that will never settle with mediocracy. He is easily a manager that could walk out out in a CL final without feeling small, he can take anybody on.

He was an embarrassment who had us battling with relegation most the season, upset most of us fans by slagging the club off and alienated half the squad.

You mention him alongside Ferguson and Champions League Finals?.....

Without doubt he amongst the top tier of football managers..

Â