• Herd
    • Petrov
    • Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Given

Not much to say about this one really. Should have won it as we dominated for a lot of the game but Wolves have been in very good form recently. I'm not exactly pleased with the result but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it either.

Happy to get a point against the Wolves at home in front of 30 thousand. What has happened to the Villa?

When we play anyone decent we will get BATTERED.

Yes a crap gate yet the Villa fans continue to sing "shit support" at the opposing fans!! :oops:

We were very poor today and nothing exciting at all.

Petrov and Delph needed taking off and whats with this putting Marc on with 5 mins to go!! Sorry AM but if this is a taste of things to come then we are pretty much relegation fodder because as WickerMan said, if we play anybody any good we are going to get thrashed!!

In my opinion Nzog does not look happy either

I think we are just lacking a bit of cohesion & chemistry up front. Last season everyone knew their role and Bent seemed to slot straight into that, but so far this season there is a just a lack of chemistry between our forwards. While I run the risk of being labelled a board plant by saying this, my view is that we just need to be patient until this line-up gets games into it and the front three of Gabby, Bent & N'Zogbia get to know each other's games a bit better.

Heskey is a bit of a problem because he is important because we lack height in midfield but he is just not creative and skilled enough to play in the position McLeish have him in.

I thought Petrov had a good match, but Delph was not as effective.

Was pleased with Herd's performance and while yes he did give the ball away a bit, he mostly did so whilst trying to create something further up the field. He is no world-beater but I reckon he would have impressed McLeish no end today - he is similar to Ridgewell in many ways - limited in skills but courageous, great in the air for his height, and will give absolutely everything he has for the shirt.

Happy to get a point against the Wolves at home in front of 30 thousand. What has happened to the Villa?

When we play anyone decent we will get BATTERED.

Agree with you mate. To be happy to get a draw at home to Wolves in front of a pitiful attendance just shows how low some fans aspirations are.

Whilst N'Zogbia seems to be far from match fit, I thought we actually lost momentum after he came off today.

We did loose impetus towards the end, but I don't think that was down to N'Zogbia going off.

I think it was directly as a result of him going off.

N'Zogbia, although not at his best, stretched the play and gave us width.

Bannan came on and we lost our balance IMO.

Â