• Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Given

the good:

herd

gabby

most of the defence

the bad:

why is heskey playing, what is his role?

zog looks frustrated and soon pressure will get to him

mcleish. piece of shit subs today, clueless

warnocks left foot. poor passing, crossing

delphs stupid sliding tackles. will get loads of yellows this season

the lack of quality in the team is already showing

Gotta be Herd and Agbonlahor. Wolves had to result to fowling him to stop Gab. Herd looked good both offensively and defensively. Attacks the ball well.

Terrible first 45 minutes, very good half hour of second half. Bannan for N'Zogbia killed the game. Bannan vs Elokobi, only 1 winner. 1 goal conceded in 3 games is not too bad.

Now 2 weeks till we play again :(.

I'm sorry, but that was shocking. We had a decent spell of 15-20 mins at the start of the 2nd half. That was about it. Very turgid football. Lacking any real creativity, & Darren Bent's supply line is going to be very limited, which is a massive, massive worry.

Herd was impressive. MOTM for me. Agbonlahor was lively. That was about it for me.

I bet Sky are glad they chose to feature that thriller.

Good game from Dunne today. He's back to his best.

He gets MOTM from me over Petrov and Gabby, largely because he was so poor last season that his return to form is important to the side, whereas Gabby and in particular Petrov did their stuff last season as you might have expected.

Should have brought Albrighton on earlier but more importantly we need to buy another winger - and also for N'Zogbia to start earning his corn. No point in having Bent if we're not firing in chances for him.

We also definitely need a new RB if Herd is considered our best option.

Cue all the optimistic fairies telling us we kept a clean sheet?!?!11oneone.

We drew goal less at home with Bent, N'Zogbia, Gabby and Heskey. The tactics aren't good enough. We would have won if we had Hughes under the helm. **** you Randy.

:-) @ the Hughes comment

That was awful but wholly expected. McLeish: exactly what it says on the tin. Lerner will now reap what he's sown.

Given - nothing to do.

The defence - not a lot to do either but i only really feel confident with Collins. Dunne and Warnock are accidents waiting to happen. Warnock was particulalry poor today under no real pressure. Herd is inexperienced. Not a great recipe.

The midfield - Petrov and Delph were decent enough but offered no real dynamism. N'Zogbia seems to have little pace but was ok. He's free kicks and shooting were terrible.

Front three - Only Bent playing in his proper position and i felt sorry for him. No service whatsoever and it won't be long until he gets frustrated and ups sticks.

Poor first half but much better in the 2nd half. Tired towards the end and could of lost it. Team was solid but Heskey and Petrov tired in last 15 minutes and could of cost us.

Remeber people complaining about our defense last year now we aren't scoring enough goals; some people just wish to be miserable for the sake of it.

Long term Heskey needs to be replaced if we wish to create more going forward. McCleish is making us hard to beat; I'll give him some time to sort out the attacking options also. Three games unbeaten at the start ofthe season so not a bad start; something to build on anyway.

Herds performance was very encouraging, can see why he was preferrred to Lichaj and beye on that performance.

Delph had a queiter game but every time he got the ball he played good passes and looks to have that bit of extra class. If he stays fit he is going to excel this season.

Gabby was always a threat, but a bit to predictable when running at players.

Petrov was steady eddie as usual.

N'Zogbia looked a threat, but didn't have his shooting boots on today.

Heskey was a headless chicken, the only reason why he was on the pitch for the entire 90 minutes I guess was to win headers as he offered F all else.

Dunne is the Dunny (defensive) Monster he was in his first season here, but both he a Collins still hoof too much.

Warnock had his best game in a villa shirt in the last 18 months.

All in all solid display, but we need more creativity going forward. Our attack is functional wiith listen invention. Heskey Gabby, Bent are not creative players. I wonder if Fulham would consider accepting Heskey in exchange for Dembele?

MOTM was Mick McCarthy. He saw where we were tearing them apart and made the correct subs to totally defuse our threat from Gabby and wide right. What did we do then? Took off our wide man to replace him with a centre mid who didn't get a kick until moved into the centre. Heskey should have been replaced on the hour. On the positive side, it's another clean sheet and we're still unbeaten this season.

god how shit are we at set pieces now

defensively looked solid. gabby was brilliant and herd impressed but seriously midfield is a major problem. we need to ship off the useless petrov, his decision making is poor really poor. heskey is heskey.

n'zog was useless not impressed so far

people need to stop saying wolves are a poor side. they are actually a decent unit this year. defensively they are very good and they keep the ball well. definitely think thry will be challenging us for mid-table!

cheers randy for giving up on us. next season wolves could surpass us if you continue not to back the manager

MOTM was Mick McCarthy. He saw where we were tearing them apart and made the correct subs to totally defuse our threat from Gabby and wide right. What did we do then? Took off our wide man to replace him with a centre mid who didn't get a kick until moved into the centre. Heskey should have been replaced on the hour. On the positive side, it's another clean sheet and we're still unbeaten this season.

100% agree. People forget we lost this fixture last year and arguably Wolves have got a lot stronger and we've lost two fantastic players in Downing and Young.

The football could have been better, especially in the first half, there were some good performances Gabby and Herd and the defence looked solid.

Its far from doom and gloom. Think we should have won but pleased with a point in the end.

I don't understand why Petrov is getting so much praise. I thought he looked slow and completely uncommanding in the centre. The Wolves midfield had him contained with ease and he created nothing. He was always late to the ball

Poor result, poor first half, good but frustrating first 25 minutes of the second half and then poor again. Sums it up.

Cue all the optimistic fairies telling us we kept a clean sheet?!?!11oneone.

We drew goal less at home with Bent, N'Zogbia, Gabby and Heskey. The tactics aren't good enough. We would have won if we had Hughes under the helm. **** you Randy.

How lovely that last bit is.

You said before the match that Wolves would walk all over us so this must be a better result than in your wildest dreams? :lol:

Â