The retrenchment of expenses plan and the future

Archie

It does rather contrast with spending millions, for example, on a pub that will never make the money back, or the splendid Mosaics. Don't get me wrong, it was a thoroughly good thing the pub was restored to it's former glory and the mosaics are fantastic and are a fitting addition to the ground.

But it clearly illustrates a drastic change into reverse gear in terms of the approach of the club to the foundations - people and facilities and infrastructure of "the business". I don't know the details of cleaning contracts and so on, and it seems normal business practice to take a cheaper quote from one business over a more expensive one from another, particularly if they are offering a reported superior level of availability and so on.

It's more a feeling that taking away something of almost no financial value from people (supporters club chairmen) who essentially voluntarily give their time to help both supporters and the club's income, and from stewards and so on - it just seems mean-spirited, which is not an impression you'd think they'd want to give. Again it contrasts with earlier superb gestures - free coaches to a couple of games, the whole '82 side reunion and so on.

It's disconcerting.

as I know very little about goings on at Villa Park

but every little thing that happens with this club atm is twisted into a dig at Randy Lerner.

Maybe there is a link there :)

Who mentioned anything being criminal? It's just a view on a situation that if/when it happened under Ellis was nearly a Capial crime now it's ok and the right thing to do just coz Randy is a nice man and Ellis wasn't..... althought who out of the 2 regularly still attends Villa Park?

Im not sure why everyone keeps bringing Ellis up. Its totally different. Not that I blame Ellis for not spending millions he didnt have.

I genuinely don't get what people don't understand?

Aston Villa are running at a mega loss? the owners are doing something about it! Wheres the problem?? Because if they don't then there is a chance, we won't even be a premiership club, never mind a top premiership science.

Its sheer common sense.

as I know very little about goings on at Villa Park

but every little thing that happens with this club atm is twisted into a dig at Randy Lerner.

Maybe there is a link there :)

Who mentioned anything being criminal? ItI agree.

After reading the comments throughout this thread I think the overiding theme coming from the posters is that we need success (4th, a cup, etc) at any cost otherwise we cant be happy or enjoy Villa.

I think we need to take a step back, appreciate who we have playing in the team, accept there will be good results and bad, good seasons and not so good seasons and get back to enjoying Aston Villa.

I remember when our biggest star was Nobby Solano (albeit a good player). Now we've got people like Bent, NZogbia, Gabby, Given, Delph, Albrighton. People need to enjoy what we've got, watch the young players grow and each season hope rather than expect and demand success.

As long as the club is stable finacially (unlike Leeds), will be around for ever (Wimbledon) and doesn't compromise it's identity (Man City), i'll be happy.

After reading the comments throughout this thread I think the overiding theme coming from the posters is that we need success (4th, a cup, etc) at any cost otherwise we cant be happy or enjoy Villa.

I think we need to take a step back, appreciate who we have playing in the team, accept there will be good results and bad, good seasons and not so good seasons and get back to enjoying Aston Villa.

I remember when our biggest star was Nobby Solano (albeit a good player). Now we've got people like Bent, NZogbia, Gabby, Given, Delph, Albrighton. People need to enjoy what we've got, watch the young players grow and each season hope rather than expect and demand success.

As long as the club is stable finacially (unlike Leeds), will be around for ever (Wimbledon) and doesn't compromise it's identity (Man City), i'll be happy.

People, I can accept what is going on IF we are told the reasons......what pisses me off is the misinformation - READ MY SIG! that is what is pissing me off - saying one thing and doing another.

I feel exactly the same.

People, I can accept what is going on IF we are told the reasons......what pisses me off is the misinformation - READ MY SIG! that is what is pissing me off - saying one thing and doing another.

I feel exactly the same.

Thirded.

Also, the Official Site pisses me off. Fee agreed with QPR for Young, Wieman off to Watford etc, is it on the site? Bugger all. It's bloody useless.

I am worried about the fact that the club have stopped giving free tickets to the staff (according to the original post) and yet they had around 20,000 empty seats on Tuesday night against Hereford! Surely it would have been better to have had as many people supporting Villa inside the ground as possible?

Maybe Hogg isn't deemed good enough but that will only seem like a good idea to let him go if we bring someone else in who can add a bit more quality to a very thin squad.

The OS is terrible they have promised and promised to sort it out just like the PA system but they've never done either. I never bother with the OS it's amaIng how our own site can be so slow with our own news.

But we've got a nice pub and mosaics and Lerner has a nice Art gallery at the Tate Modern.....:(

Yes, but in the quote in your sig it doesn't mention anything about timescales, or even what kind of support they would give.

I'm sure they are behind the manager 110%, I'ma leo certain that within the financial constraints they agreed they will back him in the transfer market.

Nobody's lying, nobody's misleading, we have to cut the wage bill by shedding the dross. Does that really need a club statement ? Wouldn't that be a bit smalltime ?

1. The key question asked is, "Will Randy support AM during transfer window?" The answer can be given in two parts 1) When has Randy not supported his Manager? and 2) Yes, Randy will support AM. He will support AM as he has supported all of his Managers...he will work to keep the wage bill at a manageable level and, at the same time, will recognize where the Club needs to be strengthened and support the Manager in meeting those needs.

on 4th July

1. Ginko, I am not sure what a "clear sign" would entail? I would think that Randy's willingness to splash cash at every window is some indication of a clear sign of where he wants the Club to go. .
30 May

So Dukes 2 recent quotes that mention the transfer window - that closes in a few days

The OS is terrible they have promised and promised to sort it out just like the PA system but they've never done either. I never bother with the OS it's amaIng how our own site can be so slow with our own news.

But we've got a nice pub and mosaics and Lerner has a nice Art gallery at the Tate Modern.....:(

eh ?? Its The National Portrait Museum (The Lerner Wing)

If you have read this thread and that is the conclusion you have reached I suggest you perhaps read it again.

1. The key question asked is, "Will Randy support AM during transfer window?" The answer can be given in two parts 1) When has Randy not supported his Manager? and 2) Yes, Randy will support AM. He will support AM as he has supported all of his Managers...he will work to keep the wage bill at a manageable level and, at the same time, will recognize where the Club needs to be strengthened and support the Manager in meeting those needs.

on 4th July

1. Ginko, I am not sure what a "clear sign" would entail? I would think that Randy's willingness to splash cash at every window is some indication of a clear sign of where he wants the Club to go. .
30 May

So Dukes 2 recent quotes that mention the transfer window - that closes in a few days

But he has spent money. Maybe not as much as you and I had hoped for, but I suppose thats tough shit. No one can deny that he hasnt spent money.

There is nothing Krulack has said that they havent done - all depends on how much you set your heart on the interpretations you make.

I think people (not necessarily you by any means) are struggling to get to grips with what cutting the age bill means:

A lot seem to think that because we have reduced it, we can automatically add to it and Im no sure why people don't understand that it doesnt work like that.

If we use a scale of 1 - 10 to make it easier with 1 being low wage/ 10 being high wage.

Lets say the wage bill was running at 9 and we needed to run it at 5. We sell the players in the summer/buy Nzogbia and Given and that probably puts us on a 6 (pure speculation of course but we know its still above the manageable level). We cant just go and spend because that will just take us back towards 9.

Even if we were at 5, we would still have to balance what we were buying to keep it at 5 (the manageable level).

To go on a major spending spree we need to get tit down to a 3 or at least below 5.

I think people underestimate just how much we were going to the dogs. 2 more years of that and we could well of imploded

Maybe you are correct Tom but surely you can see that the tales coming from Krulak Towers, with the sanction of RL, are painiting a different picture?

Don't you think that is why he has gone MIA - he has been told to button his lip as they realise we ain't as gullible as first thought?

A decent businessman would have imposed a regime of economy as soon as he came in, is this not proof that the management structure we have had is not good enough?

Should we really not have more of a board than a CEO (of questionable pedigree with no footballing experience), an owner who manages 10 games a season and a retired General who has a full time job in USA and is spending ZERO time in his capacityfor the club?

Maybe you are correct Tom but surely you can see that the tales coming from Krulak Towers, with the sanction of RL, are painiting a different picture?

Don't you think that is why he has gone MIA - he has been told to button his lip as they realise we ain't as gullible as first thought?

A decent businessman would have imposed a regime of economy as soon as he came in, is this not proof that the management structure we have had is not good enough?

Should we really not have more of a board than a CEO (of questionable pedigree with no footballing experience), an owner who manages 10 games a season and a retired General who has a full time job in USA and is spending ZERO time in his capacityfor the club?

I totally agree that somewhere along the line, they have made a total and utter arse of it. Now, whether he is selling up or not, they havent left us in the lurch. They recognise their mistakes and to their credit they are doing something about it.

Its frustrating I know, because in the meantime it feels like a stop gap, but no one can deny that its for the best in the long run.

We just have to lump it Im afraid imo, its happened. They cocked up by given MON license to spend what he liked. There is nothing we can do about it. Its done, i say we grit our teeth and try and enjoy the season which so far (results wise ) has been good,

Â