The retrenchment of expenses plan and the future

Archie

Whatever Randy is planning, whatever is going on, Ive passed caring. As long as aston Villa get 11 players on the pitch as and when needed, who give there all, then I couldn't really give a shit what else happens.

Which is fair enough if that floats your boat but its not enough for most and its not really an attitude that matches with the very nature of a site like this which is designed for people to discuss, debate and speculate.

We aren't about to shut the site so I guess people will continue to debate these things the same as they do at every club up and down the country. Despite what people say I don't think anyone set of fans is any different to any other.

Very fair point Trent.

I suppose my beef is not with people discussing things (otherwise I wouldn't be on here would I), but more with everything that gets discussed turns to insults of the board. More so, those who don't criticise the board are seen as people who are fallin for their shit?????

Whatever Randy is planning, whatever is going on, Ive passed caring. As long as aston Villa get 11 players on the pitch as and when needed, who give there all, then I couldn't really give a shit what else happens.

Which is fair enough if that floats your boat but its not enough for most and its not really an attitude that matches with the very nature of a site like this which is designed for people to discuss, debate and speculate.

We aren't about to shut the site so I guess people will continue to debate these things the same as they do at every club up and down the country. Despite what people say I don't think anyone set of fans is any different to any other.

Very fair point Trent.

I suppose my beef is not with people discussing things (otherwise I wouldn't be on here would I), but more with everything that gets discussed turns to insults of the board. More so, those who don't criticise the board are seen as people who are fallin for their shit?????

I never said it was always good debate mate but we try our best to make it so. :D

That can't be enough can it surely. The height of Aston Villa fans expectations has to be higher than that. Personally I want the club to be the best it can be and mid table mediocrity simply isn't the best this great club can do. Shit or shine I'll be there as I have been for more years than I'm caring to remember but the worst thing I could do, or any of us, is accept less than what this club deserves and should indeed question those running the club and push them if it appears they are not striving to get to the heights this great club is capable of getting to.

Totally agree - but it is possible to strive for more in a sensible way.

So far, there is absolutely nothing (results wise) that suggests we cant be succesful as a result of this summer. And whilst its only early days I see no point in avoiding the fact the team are doing well, when criticising everything the board do

Very fair point Trent.

I never said it was always good debate mate but we try our best to make it so. :D

:D

And ther cost cutting is getting worse really....... like Ken Wheldon at St.Andrews taking out every other bulb to save money the club now will not issue coats to outside members of staff they are signed for and handed in after every game ....presumably as not everyone attends every game they can save money on about 10 coats......which I thought they got free from Nike in any case.

Added to this staff are practically searched when reporting for duty having to hand over mobile phones, keys and wallets.... do they club think they are all thieves? Thats the way some feel!

And ther cost cutting is getting worse really....... like Ken Wheldon at St.Andrews taking out every other bulb to save money the club now will not issue coats to outside members of staff they are signed for and handed in after every game ....presumably as not everyone attends every game they can save money on about 10 coats......which I thought they got free from Nike in any case.

Added to this staff are practically searched when reporting for duty having to hand over mobile phones, keys and wallets.... do they club think they are all thieves? Thats the way some feel!

**** me if this is correct then its a disgrace.

How skint are we FFS. This is an utter disgrace for a club our size

Ive been away from here for a bit and have been catching up on a few debates, though still keeping full interest on football.

It seems to me a few are getting a bit to carried away with whats happening at our football club, like were the only club tightning our purse strings. selling our best players, losing fans........?

Get a grip lads, look outside the box.

Newcastle.

Everton.

Arsenal.

Just some of the clubs suffering at the moment, no money, lossing best players not wanting to bring in others. I look at these teams and think we are not doing to badly as a club. Look at Arsenal, they are a bigger more successful team than us yes, but are still selling there best players and finding it hard to replace them or release any big trasfer money. Newcastle, well who would want to be a fan of there's at the moment. I look at how people slate Lerner, not speaking, spending lots, and think, my god if any of you were Newcastle fans you would be commiting suicide by now with M Ashley's input into the club.

So on a whole I am feeling postitive about our club and seriously not sure (apart from a thin team) where all this negativity is coming from. I read one post, now we may have sold L Young and I quote, ("This board is an absolute joke and anyone who thinks that they care about the club and not the money is delu") you know who you are, 80% of the Owners are exactly the same, get a grip and lets start supporting our club come rain or shine. UTV

**** me if this is correct then its a disgrace.

Pennies make pounds :D

Rest assured lads it is TRUE...... and I forgot to include bags also to be handed in on that list!

Not the **** bags where will it all end!! :lol:

TBH the old say "look after your pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves" might be just what's needed.

How any business can continue to lose money like we have and survive is beyond me but I will say this we are going broke if the club carry on the same loss making model.

It's not fun watching other clubs sign players on a whim but Randy has to get on top of this debt so this is a necessary evil imo.

Â