Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

2-0 loss. Darren Bent to be running around after long balls all afternoon.

Wolves have improved since we last played them, when they beat us. We on the otherhand, have made an effort to become much, much worse and as such - have a much worse team of players.

I fancy a draw in this game tbh.

suprised at how many spare seats there are again especially for a derby match over 7000 in our end.

Still 3611 seats spare in the Holte end alone especially in the upper tier, was plenty of spare seats empty up there against Blacburn also. Seems alot of our core support is till satying away which is a shame.

I guess thats the McLeish factor :(

I would imagine he will play the same team that played against Blackburn if everybody is fit and well. I dont think anybody did enough who started against Hereford to warrant a start. If its to be a positive result we need to score 1st. wolves look a bit more solid these days and I think signing Roger Johnson was a good buy for them. Wouldnt have minded if we had grabbed him ourselves to be fair. Hopefully we can sneak a 2-1 but it has draw written all over it

Can't be surprised really. McLeish will be a factor up to a point but I think the overriding issues are more to do with the fact optimism levels are at an all time low under the stewardship of Randy Lerner. The drawbridge has been well and truly pulled up, not only in terms of investment in the playing squad but also in communicating with the fans. The volte-face performed has been severe without proper dialogue so the fans are forced to draw their own conclusions as to the direction the club is going in. I never thought we'd end up going back to the Ellis model of running a football club under Lerner but it appears as though that is what is happening. I can only imagine that this is a pre-cursor to pulling out altogether.

Plus, going to a football match is a bloody expensive pastime these days and one you think twice about in an economic crisis when you don't have much belief in the way things are going.

As for the game tomorrow, it's hard to predict what the outcome may be. If pushed I'd go for a draw, probably 0-0. We may even continue to ride the early season decent results and pick up a victory. I wouldn't be fooled though as it won't last. The squad just isn't good enough, McLeish or no McLeish.

I think this match will be the one to determine we really aren't that good and it's going to be a long dark season.

0-2 to Wolves without stepping out of 1st gear.

I wish I shared your optimism . I can only envisage a 0-6 defeat and Darren bent being sold to Man City at half time.

Get those claret and blue glasses off, you poor deluded fool.

Wolves will score an infinite number of goals, we will score less than nil, all our players (including the substitutes, the reserves and the youth team) will be so badly injured that they will all die, Villa Park will catch fire and burn to the ground (killing all the home supporters), Randy will have forgotten to renew the insurance, the club will go out of existence and Blues will build their new stadium on the ruins.

That's if our luck holds, otherwise it could be worse.

I think this match will be the one to determine we really aren't that good and it's going to be a long dark season.

I wish I shared your optimism . I can only envisage a 0-6 defeat and Darren bent being sold to Man City at half time.

Wolves will score an infinite number of goals, we will score less than nil, all our players (including the substitutes, the reserves and the youth team) will be so badly injured that they will all die, Villa Park will catch fire and burn to the ground (killing all the home supporters), Randy will have forgotten to renew the insurance, the club will go out of existence and Blues will build their new stadium on the ruins.

And this is what the board want, so they can fill their pockets :evil:

overall we have a decent head to head record against wolves, although the local derby nature of the game means it can always be a difficult match. last season we lost at home, and the time before that at VP under MON was a 2-2 draw. we were rubbish and had to scrape the result with a couple of late carew goals iirc.

i would like to think we have the better quality and along with the home advantage this should get us the win.

No need to exaggerate or be untruthful about it. Point is we're up against one of the in form teams in the league, who have been vastly outspending us in the transfer market and building a near-invincible squad, while we have deliberately sold anyone good from last time we played, and our CEO is crap, and the board is, like, a JOKE.

Can't wait for this derby. We owe them some payback for the L we took last year. I usually hate the 12pm starts being in the states but since I am have Hurricane Irene bearing down on me this works out in my favor. I see a Villa win 1-0 and then me not having power for about 4-5 days.