Ratings and reactions: Villa 2-0 Hereford

limpid

just seen the highlights ( bbc website ) - seems like we dominated - and albrighton did seem to put in a few good crosses, didn't come across as poorly as some have suggested albeit only on a 3 minute highlight reel!

just seen the highlights ( bbc website ) - seems like we dominated - and albrighton did seem to put in a few good crosses, didn't come across as poorly as some have suggested albeit only on a 3 minute highlight reel!

Just watched that... when did we sign Marcus Bent?! I thought we didn't have any money?!

It is funny cos watching the Beeb's highlights it looks like Albrighton had a decent game, but he didn't. Partially because Hereford had two on him for most of his time on the RH side. When he swapped to the left late on in the 2nd half, he looked more effective.

Good to see only minor moans from the crowd, most of the game behind the dug out in Lower Trinity. I think we could all see, we needed to exercise a bit of patience breaking down a very determined defensive team.

Just watched that... when did we sign Marcus Bent?! I thought we didn't have any money?!

Again, sums up how lazy the BBC's journos are with their countless basic errors.

He was awful.

He wasn't that good.

This was fustrating to watch and as the minutes ticked away I became increasingly concerned that Hereford would nick a goal and cause an upset. I felt we certainly had the stronger and better play but failed to capitalise and drive it home.

I'm a fan of Albrighton, but didn't feel he was very effective for this one. N'zogbia still doesn't look convincing and Ireland gradually got worse as the game went on. He started ok in my opinion, moving forward and threatening, but towards the end seemed to end up with negative passing and not much movement.

At the end of the day though the result was reached thanks to two goals from Eric and Fonz. Well done guys. A potential banana skin was avoided.

Â