Ratings and reactions: Villa 2-0 Hereford

limpid

Full credit to Hereford, they made a real match of this.

Is Graham Turner still involved over there ?

If they are bottom of league 2 - I reckon he is still very much involved

He did own the club, now manager of Shrewsbury, who beat Swansea. Not good enough to be manager of Villa, but clearly done well today...

Bannan was excellent through the middle and our worst part of the game came when he got pushed out to the left.

Weimann and Delfouneso did well together I thought.

I thought we played some lovely stuff first half, just needed Bent on form and we could have been three or so up. Never mind the hoof, we were making some lovely little triangles.

Not scoring drained the confidence as the game went on and the ref went from being competent to laughable as the game went on.

Ireland was all of our MOTM sitting in Lower Trinity behind Big Eck.... Bannan got the vote off the sponsors

and he did work his socks off but I thought Ireland played well tonight.

Great passing football again, like with Walsall.

Oddly enough the more youngsters we brought on the stronger we looked.

Impressed with Herd, Lichaj, The Fonz & Weimann9 who had a stunning shot after a powerful run tipped over the bar (except the ref refused to give us a corner!)

Not Marc Albrighton's best game by any stretch of the imagination, but showed a few nice touches.

The ref was dreadful AGAIN. Denied us a clear penalty and allowed a blatant pass back to the goalie.

Never mind we won eventually so onwards and upwards.

I guess I have to turn the USA national team in to FIFA for a roster violation. The OS says that Lichaj is Australian. Seriously? Maybe we should stop calling it the Official Site (OS) and call it the Blunder Site instead ?

Ireland was all of our MOTM sitting in Lower Trinity behind Big Eck.... Bannan got the vote off the sponsors

and he did work his socks off but I thought Ireland played well tonight.

Great passing football again, like with Walsall.

Oddly enough the more youngsters we brought on the stronger we looked.

Impressed with Herd, Lichaj, The Fonz & Weimann9 who had a stunning shot after a powerful run tipped over the bar (except the ref refused to give us a corner!)

Not Marc Albrighton's best game by any stretch of the imagination, but showed a few nice touches.

The ref was dreadful AGAIN. Denied us a clear penalty and allowed a blatant pass back to the goalie.

Never mind we won eventually so onwards and upwards.

I was on the 2nd last row of the upper Holte (they wouldn't let us on the last row )and we could see it was a deflection from up there.

Just got back too! Ireland was the best man on the pitch impressed me, Bannan needs to be starting games. Dont sell Makoun, great passing ability. Albrighton hmmmm, needs to sort his head out, he should have shined in this game!. N'Zog needs to get up to speed but showed good signs. Even beye had a few good touches with the 5 munites he played. Ref had a shocker!!!! I think the stats were 18 fouls us and 2 yellows, 4 fouls them no cards. A few people infront of me were pointing and whinging at M'cLiesh, but for me it was all good could have been 5 nil, Hereford keeper had a great game. Maca did exactly what we wanted him to do!

Hmmm, job done.

Albrighton should play on the left, not on the right.

No one excelled but no one was really disappointing.

Guzan - 6

Lichaj - 7.5

Herd - 7.5

Clark - 7.5

Dunne - 7.5 (all of defence did well and dominated)

Makoun - 7

Bannan - 7

Ireland - 6.5

Albrighton - 6

N'Zogbia - 6

Bent - 6

Just got back, thought Bannan and Ireland were our star men. Dunne was excellent when he needed to be. Was impressed how he kept possession in a couple of tight spots.

Anybody else who went to the game notice how reluctant our midfielders were to have a go? Ireland was probably the most guilty. Looked as if we were trying to walk it in on ocassions.

Doesn't matter how you play in the cup as long as you win. Another home tie in the next round please!

Just got back from VP-

Tactics were bad from AMC the first hour. We basically played with 4 cbs, because Herd and Lichaj weren't allowed to go past midfield. No width made Albrighton predictable. Ireland looked aloof. I think he's a VERY poor man's Zidane...his technique is great but at times it looks like he's lazy. Hereford's GK had the match of his life. Did anyone notice Hereford brought on a player shorter than Bannan on 90 minutes??

Guzan- 6 Didn't have anything to do. Heard Hereford fans chanting "you're just a crap Brad Friedel" harsh-but funny as hell!

Herd- 6

Dunne- 7 Very calm, cool and collected back there

Clark- 7 See above

Lichaj-8 Strong defending and confident going forward. Before the goal he had a great shot saved by Hereford's Iker Casillas! USA!USA!USA! I wish they'd play him at RB!

Makoun- 5 first half 7 2nd half. He seemed a bit lazy 1st half, turned it up later on tbf

Bannan- 7 Very good match...I think he's got great technique, but he's not quite ready yet.

Ireland-7? The guy probably can't even score in FIFA!! Casillas (Hereford's) denied him 3 times and he had a better 2nd half than first

Albrighton- 6 Meh....sooooooooooo predictable going forward, a bunch of poor crosses, better in 2nd.

N'Zogbia- 6 He still doesn't seem 100% fit to me.

Bent- 6 Lots of hustle, but frustrated by lack of service.

Subs-

Weimann-8 You can tell he's got great technique and tons of potential. Unlucky not to have scored.

Fonz- 7 Right place, right time for the goal...Glad he played up front and not on the wing!!

Beye-8 (for the 10 mins he played!) Heard lots of stick "he's on 55k million billion dollars a week....he's shit...etc" but he put in a great cross in that was nodded down for Fonz to score. The guy is a good player, just hasn't been given a proper chance (LB vs Vienna---yes he should have done better on that cross...but cut him some slack, out of position!)

21k and change attendance....better than what I expected tbf.

Not a great match, but a good result!

Lichaj for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back...Bannan is the most gifted footballer at the club easily .

Thought he was ok tonight have now seen enough of him to predict that he won't make it in the Premiership...the kid gives his all but isn't good enough to play 30+ games in the premier league, he will at best be an impact player for the last 15-20 minutes.

Thought Ireland and Makoun were pretty poor once Hereford got to grips with closing them down. I don't get Makoun to be honest at this current time.

Bannan was the stand out player in the team by a country mile for me.

The ref was pretty poor and seemed to give everything to them second half.

Just got back, typical cup game, made hard work of it but the effort was eventually rewarded. Bannan deffo motm, lichaj had a great game, ireland did well but not motm stsndard, was a bit lazy at times but had a decent match. Solid all round effort really.

Some of our fans are right dimwits though, one young guy with some dodgy **** mullet in upper holte stood up on his own and slow clapped everytime something went slightly wrong. Was pissing a few of us off. Nobber.

Just got back...Bannan is the most gifted footballer at the club easily .

Thought he was ok tonight have now seen enough of him to predict that he won't make it in the Premiership...the kid gives his all but isn't good enough to play 30+ games in the premier league, he will at best be an impact player for the last 15-20 minutes.

Are you for real? He bosses most matches he starts.

I was on the 2nd last row of the upper Holte (they wouldn't let us on the last row )and we could see it was a deflection from up there

I think you're on about pass back to the goalie getting a deflection.

Yes I saw that BUT the original pass was on it's way back to the goalie, it only took a slight nick off the other defender surely?

Not 100% sure of the rules but everyone in lower Trinity who could see the line of the ball was going mad about it.

Â