NottingVilla

Our attendance today. Is this a record low for a season opener? I can't remember a prem game that low never-mind the first match of the season.

Should be 40k at least. Sadly it looks like Mcleish's appointment has cost us about 8,000 fans and lots of lost revenue.

Will the attendances pick up over the season?

Our attendance today. Is this a record low for a season opener? I can't remember a prem game that low never-mind the first match of the season.

How long you been a supporter pal? is this a record low for a season opener? not even close. Can't remember a Prem game that low really? under Big Ron in 1992/93 the season we finished 2nd we got 19k odd against Crystal Palace and that wasn't considered exceptionally low.

Todays crowd was disappointing but not anywhere near as bad as you are making out. McLeish hasn't lost us 8k fans. Lack of ambiton by the board and people losing their jobs/feeling a financial pinch certainly won't help attendances though.

1. The game was yesterday.

2. Attendances will improve

A lot of fans are still upset for various reasons and the economy is bad .

It isn't the end of the world though, but I guess you still need to focus on the negatives after a good win eh ? It also highlights somewhat of a vicious circle that is affecting the club....Our turnover isn't good enough to improve the team and our team isn't attractive enough to improve the turnover.

If we have 10,000 empty seats for a Villa Park opener then it's hardly surprising that Randy isn't going to keep chucking money at us .

It's a shocking attendance which is obviously down to the controversial appointment.

If people dont want to turn up because they refuse to give a manager a chance from day one then I'm glad they werent in VP today. Good riddance.

Support the team and the manager or piss off.