Match Thread

wedge

strong team considering its hereford there again we dont want an upset do we.i hope the fonz and weimann can get some minutes too tonight after bents hat-trick of course....full time score 6-0 :winkold:

I'd like to see a team that's fairly strong and gives a chance to others.

Guzan

Beye Dunne Clark Warnock

Makoun Bannan

Albrighton Ireland N'Zogbia

Delfouneso.

I'd swap Beye for Lichaj. I really do think Beye is dogdirt.

I actually think Beye is better than what people give him credit for. He's had one piss poor game for us, playing left back against Rapid Wien. Other than that he's done well, imo, the few times he's been called upon, hell against Liverpool he was many people's MOTM even.

I'm afraid I completely disagree. I've seen Beye in most, if not all, of his appearances and I honestly think he is terrible.

He has had one or two good or terrible games, but the ones inbetween have been anonymous. He looks lost when he gets the ball, misplaces loads of passes and he seems to freeze when the ball comes to him. I'm glad Herd is playing instead of him.

Guzan

herd

dunne

clark

lichaj

Albrighton

Makoun

Bannan

Ireland

N'Zogbia

Bent

^^ Confirmed lineup.

Subs : Marshall, Beye, Baker, Fonz, Hogg, Weimann

Probably missed a sub not sure (edit : Lowry is a sub) .. that is confirmed though.

Good team. All the midfielders needed this match and I'd like to think Bannan, Ireland and Makoun can absolutely dominate possession between them. Chance for all three to stake their claim.

I'd also hope Fonz gets a decent run-out (perhaps on for Bent at half-time should we have a lead by then), slightly disappointed he doesn't start.

Pretty telling that Beye doesn't even get selected for this one.

I don't see why Bent, N'Zogbia and Dunne need to play. Should be replaced by Baker, Weimann and Delfouneso and see if our kids are really that good.

Dunne because back 4 needs a leader, Zog because he lacks match fitness. Bent i dont know though, Delfouneso shouldve played but i guess McLeish doesnt see anything decent about him as he cant even start against Hereford.

I don't see why Bent, N'Zogbia and Dunne need to play. Should be replaced by Baker, Weimann and Delfouneso and see if our kids are really that good.

Well they probably aren't good enough.

I think it's a nice blend between experience and youth. You can't underestimate these matches.

im going for an 8-0 win, hereford are proper shit, i mean really really shit, 1 point from their first 4 games and apparently half their first team are out injured

with benty in the team, if 4-0 up at half time we should rest him and try weimann, same with any other key players, if we are far in the lead.

N'Zogbia fitness.

Dunne for some experience at the back, and to give him and Clark some time alongside one another.

Bent I wouldn't have started myself but McLeish probably wants to score a few and then bring on Delfouneso.

Feel Eck wants to get Bent and N'Zogbia (and possibly Marc) all working together to get better used to each other in match conditions. Also, Bent up front could give him a chance to see how Ireland will play with one of the more senior strikers. Think the injuries to Gabs and Big Em might have thrown a spanner into his plans to rest DB.