Match Thread

wedge

Should be an interesting line up:

Guzan/Marshall, Lichaj, Clark, Collins/Dunne, Warnock, Albrighton, Makoun, Delph, Bannan, N'Zogbia, Delfouneso.

Or similar would suit me. Maybe an opportunity for Gardner?

I'd play N'Zog though, I think he needs a bit of football in him after a disjointed pre-season.

I'd like us to make quite a few changes as we have Wolves on the weekend and they're looking pretty decent at the moment.

It'll also give McLeish chance to have a look at the fringe players competitively

I'd go for:

.............Guzan

Lichaj.Beye.Clark.Baker

......Makoun.Gardner

Albrighton.Ireland.Bannan

.........Delfouneso

Wouldn't mind seeing Andy Weimann get a few minutes too

We need to take this competition seriously IMO

Its our best chance of Silverware which could be the catalyst to bigger and better things

I would play a mixture of experience and youth, not totally 2nd string

Guzan

Lichaj Dunne Clark Warnock

Albrighton Makoun Ireland Bannan N'Zogbia

Delfouneso

blah blah only one up against Hereford etc but I'd rather see those midfielders all get a start and there's enough creativity there to destroy Hereford anyway + plus no point risking the others.

Might possibly start Bent instead of Bannan to give DB more game time with Nzog.

It's Hereford who have all their senior keepers out isn't it? And their assistant manager had to go in goal in their last game? Made a howler in their game last week, I'm sure it was them

They've put on free coaches to fans living in Hereford though, so should be a good turn out from them

There's a balance needed here, the Manager can get another good result under his belt, the general could return to the forum, we can run out a few fringe players and I could get a game.

Needs a generally strong team, with Guzan, Ireland, Albrighton and myself all starting.

I'll have my boots in the car, but I'd appreciate knowing early on as it will influence what I have for my tea.

11 changes for me.

Guzan

Beye, Baker, Clark, Lichaj

Makoun, Gardner

Albrighton, Ireland, Bannan

Delfouneso

Put Petrov, N´Zogbia and Bent on the bench just in case...

Dont think we will see Delph in this one, after all the talk about his training programme and injuries. Dont think they will make him play two games in this short time just yet.

The team I put out should easily wreck Hereford. Great game to give Gardner some game time.