• Petrov
    • Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Young
    • Given

Good first half, job done second. Room for improvement, but a solid first game for McLeish and the boys.

Impressed with Petrov and Delph in the middle of the park. Heskey and Gabby did well first half. Zog promising in the second. Petrov MOTM for me. Steady performance and more attacking minded than before.

Ending the game with Clark, Albrighton, Bannan and Delph on the pitch bodes well for the future, although Albrighton could do with a bit of confidence back.

Happy camper tonight.

Good solid performance with some nice passages of play. Really happy all 3 strikers got a goal and chuffed how Delph has started the season.

Hopefully the knocks to Gabby, Luke and Lionel aren't too bad. Interesting to see Bannan come on ahead of Makoun - wonder what Big Eck thinks of him/

Otherwise really pleased for the team and the manager today!

Grt result, don't think we played swell as ppl making out and the 3rd goal was very much against the run of play and really knocked the stuffing out of Blackburn which really flattered us for the last 20.

Many encouraging performances and good for confidence if anything. Still not sure there is any fluidity in our attack despite the 3 goals but I have faith this will come.happy enough with back line

Was quite funny looking at the game on Norwegian TV today, who had Ian Rush in the studio.

Rush before the game: "This is a very attacking Villa team and I bet the Villa fans will look at that and really look forward to the game."

Random Villatalker: Rubbish team, rubbish formation, negative tactics, etc etc

:lol:

Just on a side note.

And no yellows for Blackburn? After that tackle from behind on Albrighton, Dunn's constant fouling and nagging all game long, I mean really?

On a positive note, Bannan and N'Zogbia combining well on a couple of occasions, good to see.

good performance, nice to see all 3 strikers score. gabby was very good until his injury, petrov and delph did well, although delph needs to stop diving in so much. nzogbia has skills, and bannan had a nice little cameo, some really nice touches and passes. bent is a pure goal poacher.

although he scored, i still dont like heskey playing in that link role. he miscontrols it too often and cant play a creative pass. having him in the team also means the defenders take the easy option and hoof it to him too much. there was some periods in the game where we sat back and just aimlessly hit it long. that was annoying, because when we got it on the ground and passed it around we looked good and created openings. if we are going to play the formation and style we have done so far, i would rather see bannan/ireland/makoun as the third midfielder/supporting forward. i think we would be better as a team for it.

Our third wasn't really against the run of play, Bannan came on and suddenly we had someone who could keep the ball ticking. I think I counted 5 touches by him in build up to the third goal.

Will hopefully get a few more appearences this season, can't wait to see him own the park on Tuesday against Hereford.

decent result - blackburn are going down

still baffled as to why we always end up struggling in the second half of games particualry the last 15 mins of a game.

I can hardly bear to watch villa at the end of a match even when we have a two goal lead :lol:

I think the writing is on the wall for makoun, I think he is off although im not sure why we are getting rid of him which is a shame but Bannan looked okay. Still need another signing in the middle I think

we also desperatly need another winger IMO. Gabby player well but Allbrighton struggled again.

Sadly I don't think Albrighton is going to make it as a top player. He has so much to learn, of course, especially re defending, but he has no real 'trick' either and often makes wrong choices.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Our third wasn't really against the run of play, Bannan came on and suddenly we had someone who could keep the ball ticking. I think I counted 5 touches by him in build up to the third goal.

Will hopefully get a few more appearences this season, can't wait to see him own the park on Tuesday against Hereford.

You're right. Albrighton had an effort just wide and Bannan a decent attempt (although he probably should have played it to Bent) in and around that period as well.

Excellent performance against a side who will do well to stay up this year, but if we play this well against all of the crap sides, we'll be comfortably top half. As Pilchard said, it's a credit to our determination and calm to have responded so well to the Blackburn goal, and I'm tempted to credit McLeish for that. He may not have been the choice of the fans, but he seems to have had a good effect on the team's spirit and mentality.

I gave MOTM to Gabby for the brilliant first goal and for his role in our second. Even though he only played the first half, those two moments were enough for our win today. Delph also looked assured and promising, Petrov was steady, Collins won everything in the air, and N'Zogbia showed skill in bursts. I was also pleased with Bannan when he came on, and I would expect him to get the start mid-week against Hereford.

Overall, there are lots of good things to take away from this match, and I hope we continue playing like this. If we do, we'll be in for a decent enough season, and there's potentially some excitement in store if our young players continue to come on. UTV!

Few players really put in a shift today. Delph, Petrov, Heskey and Agbonlahor played very well. Delph 100% MOTM for me. Worked from start to finish. Glad to see Warnock back in the side. He also played a positive game. Played nice football at times. Hope this continues.

Good result, very pleasing on the eye. Petrov was excellent first half and some of the forward passes super. Delph complimented him very well and was a close 2nd to MOM. Gabby's goal was a beaut, had Delgado in his pocket. Bannan was a joy to watch when he came on.

More please.

Â