McLeish's reception on Saturday

Rockafella

I think he will receive polite applause, which is really all that it should be. If we were to all give him an overly rousing ovation it would seem more than a little disingenuous in light of the fact that none of us would have chosen him for the role. If he's doing well in a few weeks time then I'm sure he will be made to feel that he is being accepted by the fans. If he deploys overly defensive tactics in home games that we don't subsequently win then people will quickly be on his back. Until then, attention will be on the players and McLeish will be perfectly content to go about his business with characteristic modesty.

Good reception.

Lets not forget he wants to manage our great club, and wants the challenge. He knew what he was lining himself up for.

I hope we get off to a winning start at home. Im sure we will.

With you Wiggy.

If we do stuggle, hopefully fans will realise where the blame for that really lies, and vent their frustration in that direction.

But i wont hold my breath :twisted:

Besides, we are going to win, so piss off negativity :lol:

I'll probably put more of an effort in to give him a warm welcome, the anti McLeish lot have been doing my head in since the protests to be honest. I've heard 'Gordan Cowan's Claret and Blue Army' being sung a few times already, really made me cringe. I'm 99% sure McLeish is going to work wonders for this club

I think getting on his back if we go 1 or even 2 down is a bit narcisstic.

He was far from my No. 1 choice, but this will be make or break for him. For me, I felt it was inhumane to appoint somebody that will not even benefit from a honeymoon period with the fans. That said, we got stung a couple of years ago in the press for booing after our first home fixture - the loss to Wigan. Let's not end up in the paper for the wrong reasons folks. This is about the Club, not the manager.

UTV...

For everyone's sake I really hope we win. If we are playing crap people will start getting restless. If we go behind then I can see what sort of chant would be coming from some fans. Getting on his back in his first home game in charge isn't going to do anyone any favours! You just know that there will be some that will be ready and waiting to give him stick though. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

I'll be welcoming him. Even though I didn't want him (and still don't) I'm willing to give him a chance. If he does his job right by getting results on the pitch then I will be more than happy.

McLeish got an excellent reception when he first came out before kick off and an even better one at full time. He certainly has the kind of character/personality that can get the crowd behind him so long as results are decent and its certainly so far so good.

Its good to see the likes of Warnock, Collins and Dunne back to their best throwing themselves at everything and that is clearly something McLeish has influenced.

McLeish got an excellent reception when he first came out before kick off and an even better one at full time. He certainly has the kind of character/personality that can get the crowd behind him so long as results are decent and its certainly so far so good.

Its good to see the likes of Warnock, Collins and Dunne back to their best throwing themselves at everything and that is clearly something McLeish has influenced.

People respect him. When you have that, your half way there.

Agreed.

Â