Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

My worry is that if we're expecting him to be the man putting in great cross after great cross... he'd need to do something he's never done before. His entire career has seen his crossing be pretty hit and miss.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that he looked his most effective for us before he got subbed, he missed a couple if chances, but was starting to get involved, and we were dominant. I couldn't believe that Heskey was overlooked, the guy was like the walking dead for half of the second half.

N'Zogbia know's he's got teammates on the pitch, right?

When he learns when to hold on to the ball, and when not to he'll be an asset to our club. ATM he's trying to do too much on his own.

Then again who else's gonna do it?

How are his stats looking compared to Ashley Young?

How good is his set ball play compared to Ashley Young?

How is his effort (defensive especially) compared to Ashley Young?

How many free kicks does he win us compared to Ashley Young?

Many were happy that N'Zogbia was coming in to replace Ash:

"We got the better player."

"Ferguson made a mistake."

"Finally we will get some good dead ball delivery"

Where are you all now? :lol:

Yes yes, I know it's early and he's still settling in. I honestly think he will come good. I just couldn't resist having a pop at those who mistakingly believed N'Zogbia was better than Young.

He hasn't taken a good corner yet which makes me think we should get someone else on them, a couple of Petrov's were ok. I still think we have a cracking player on our hands mind. He is not Ashley Young he's completely different. He can beat a player in a way Ashley can't however his delivery just isn't as good. We're going to be frustrated with him at times as you are with most creative players because they won't do the right think everytime. Just give him some more time.

I have always thought he is just a average sort of player whenever i saw him playing for Newcastle and Wigan. We have to give him a chance to settle in to be fair. I can't remember Downing having many good games in his first half season here and Young was far from brillant when he first signed from Watford.

So far, so not very good. Classic tricky winger with all mazy runs and no end product. I think he'll do better, but so far we're really missing Young and Downing, because he isn't a patch on either of them.

So far, so not very good. Classic tricky winger with all mazy runs and no end product. I think he'll do better, but so far we're really missing Young and Downing, because he isn't a patch on either of them.

Agreed. But then I'm struggling with the logic of spending just about all your transfer budget on a winger and then no playing him as one while giving him one striker to aim at with crosses.

Not really getting McLeish's logic on the way he is playing N'Zogbia so far.

Â