Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

He's better than Downing. Don't forget he's had NO pre season except for a 60 minute run out in Portugal where he scored! I thought he started very brightly against Fulham, he'll just need abit more time to catch up fitness wise. When he's fully fit though I have no doubt that he'll be quality for us. I just hope that the others eg Albrighton are ready to step up properly because we can't be over reliant on N'Zogbia assisting for Bent every single game!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure this has been posted anywhere

"When I go back to the ghetto, they look at me as a star," N'Zogbia says. "I tell them: 'I'm just like you, you can do it.' I see a lot of kids playing football and I say: 'I came from here and if I ended up being a professional, you can do it as well'."

I hate it when stupid footballers say this. Its almost as if to say, "yes, 0.005% of you have a chance of making it as a professional footballer but the rest of you will probably end up in jail!!"

It would be a much better message to say that there are all sorts of opportunities out there, you just have to get up off your backsides and make a start. Some might be professional footballers but that will be a small minority, but that doesn't mean you should give up on life as there are a whole host of worthwhile careers.

When will these thick idiots learn to either shut up or deliver something a little more positive when talking to troubled youth.

:shock:

Yeah, what a thick idiot. How dare he try and encourage kids? The nerve of the guy!

It must be lonely up there on your high horse BB.

"When I go back to the ghetto, they look at me as a star," N'Zogbia says. "I tell them: 'I'm just like you, you can do it.' I see a lot of kids playing football and I say: 'I came from here and if I ended up being a professional, you can do it as well'."

I hate it when stupid footballers say this. Its almost as if to say, "yes, 0.005% of you have a chance of making it as a professional footballer but the rest of you will probably end up in jail!!"

It would be a much better message to say that there are all sorts of opportunities out there, you just have to get up off your backsides and make a start. Some might be professional footballers but that will be a small minority, but that doesn't mean you should give up on life as there are a whole host of worthwhile careers.

When will these thick idiots learn to either shut up or deliver something a little more positive when talking to troubled youth.

Yeah, what a thick idiot. How dare he try and encourage kids? The nerve of the guy!

Up on a high horse or down in the ghetto, agreeing with the kids there's no hope, no future?

Up on a high horse or down in the ghetto, agreeing with the kids there's no hope, no future?

Ladies and gentlemen, Tupac has returned.

I get your point, but I don't think he's deserving of this criticism because it was obviously said with the right intent. For all we know he probably didn't only necessarily mean it in terms of football only.

I'm sure he didn't mean to say something bad but it his comments just fuel this celebrity culture that we have where kids think its easy to be a high earning celebrity and they should have the most expensive jeans etc..

I saw a lot complaining last week about immigrants taking their jobs BUT they don't want them and they don't want to start at the bottom. A lot of the kids want to be footballers, pop stars or reality TV stars and, if they can't achieve this, they will loot etc.. We need to start shifting the heroes to include people who work hard and make a decent living for their family and do not rely on the state. Only when we can adjust young people's views to see this as the normal, and attainable, route will we see the "underclass" re-join society. And footballers, IMO, have a big part to play in this BUT need a lot of support to deliver the right message.

Hold up, are we say N'Zogbia is responsible for riots? :twisted:

Do you not approve of his change of heart then villan_007 ?

No feed him to the hounds BOF!

I'm very shocked he's had one. Followed his rants daily before we signed him, and thought he would have had the zog burnt at the stake if he could.

Not on a high horse mate and I am in Birmingham so experiencing the riots and their aftermath. I am all for the kids being encouraged - please read my post properly - I just dislike this message from footballers that keeps saying if I hadn't become a footballer I would probably have gone to jail. How does that encourage the 99.999% that won't make it as a footballer??

Brilliant post. Good intentions, terrible way of putting it across.

Not on a high horse mate and I am in Birmingham so experiencing the riots and their aftermath. I am all for the kids being encouraged - please read my post properly - I just dislike this message from footballers that keeps saying if I hadn't become a footballer I would probably have gone to jail. How does that encourage the 99.999% that won't make it as a footballer??

Because it's not just about making it as a footballer. Also, a lot of the other article says the kids should listen to the help because it is out there, not pointing directly at football.

Whether they are good enough, if he can persuade 2/3 kids to stay off street life and try to make it as a footballer, they may not be good enough but during that time, instead of being part of criminal activity, they will learn teamwork, leadership, hard work etc...they may not make it, but being part of that can help them and make them grow as people and be better for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't understand his substitution, lost all pace going forward after this and the only outlet became Gabby. Heskey was on his last legs, should have been subbed after 60 mins.

Absolutely agree. I thought we handed the impetus back to Wolves with this substitution. I don't think Zog had the greatest game but he's the one creative spark we have in the midfield. Putting Bannan on was a mistake and makes me realise that the bench doesn't contain enough players to help change a game. Dod Bannan actually touch the ball? We really need to sign a meathead. We really need to move Zog back out wide.

He clearly isn't fit yet or certainly not match fit because he isn't the player I've seen play for Wigan at the moment.

His performances haven't been impressive or even particularly good so far but far too soon to make any judgements on him.

What worries me is that we are looking totally dependant upon him to create chances for Bent, to say we are putting a lot of pressure on him would be an understatement.

Didn't understand his substitution, lost all pace going forward after this and the only outlet became Gabby. Heskey was on his last legs, should have been subbed after 60 mins.

Absolutely agree. I thought we handed the impetus back to Wolves with this substitution. I don't think Zog had the greatest game but he's the one creative spark we have in the midfield. Putting Bannan on was a mistake and makes me realise that the bench doesn't contain enough players to help change a game. Dod Bannan actually touch the ball? We really need to sign a meathead. We really need to move Zog back out wide.

the same Bannan that teed up Bent for his best/only chance of the game?

Â