Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

2-0 Villa Bent and Nzogbia to score.

Taking my 7 year old son down today, so a good result will hopefully help put a final nail in the coffin in terms of supporting Manure, Man Cittee or Bolton.

Come On You Lions. :clap:

Blackmail is your friend here! tell him he will not recieve food and will be locked ina box for the rest of his life should he think of supporting anyone else!

worked for my 5 year old! when he wears his villa kit to his football training down here nobody knows who they are.. he tells them there the best team in the whole world!! amazing what effect the desire for food and light have on such young kids!! :twisted:

I don't often do this but today I want this formation:

Given

Young-Collins-Clarke-Warnock

Albrighton-Petrov-Delph-N'Zogbia

Makoun

Bent

That could give some good crosses and MAkoun to deliver some smart through balls through the middle for Bent. Or maybe Makoun instead of Petrov or Delph and Ireland as the aCM, but I'm not too sure on Ireland as it is now.

That could give us a good victory with 2 or 3-0.

1-1.......although another blank could be on the cards until Big Mac gets the blend right. Theres promise, but it does'nt feel quite right yet. A midfield colossus of Dennis Mortimer proportions should do it.....please.

I think SI would do well against these today, but if not I hope Makoun gets the nod. N'Zog should be up to match fitness, so it'll be interesting to see if he can put in a good shift. The one or two chances he had to cross from set-pieces at Fulham looked very good.

What I'm expecting is 3 pts and a convincing victory. Anything less and Mcleish could be in trouble. That said, if we fail to get a result against (IMO) a poor Blackburn side, it may just persuade the board to spend some cash to improve the team. Rather we win though 2-1 (Collins and Bent).

This should be a good one....!

Given

Warnock Collins Dune Young

Albrighton Delph Petrov Nzogbia

Gabby Bent

Two out and out wingers with Gabby and Bent up front - No Heskey.

Heskey = 0 Goals, PLayers played out of position, Long balls and no pace.

This is a first test for me with regards to AM does he play it cautious and start with the same team as against. Fulham, he probably will. But he should be playing two out and out wingers.

lets hope this the kind of game mcliesh can begin making villa park a fortress like he did at the sty

Need us the fans to make some real noise backing him, intimidating the oppposition wouldn't do us any harm in the proccess :x