Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We will play the same team as against the Fulham team. I just think at home you need to be more positive.

You need the width and creativity, the best way to do that is to play two wingers Albrighton and Nzogbia at the same time. Which I think will happen over time...!

Whats happened to Gardner?

Why has he not been on the bench. The club talk about the blooding the youth, Here is a great opportunity.

...........................................Given....................................................

Young.......................Collins..........Dunne.....................,,..Warnock

..........................Makoun........................Petrov..............................

Nzogbia..............................Delph......................................Gabby

.............................................Bent....................................................

Subs. Guzan, Clarke, Ireland, Albrighton, Ivanhoe, Bannon, Fonze.

Thats how i would have the team tomorrow. We were much to narrow against Fulham and tired during the second half, gave the ball away much to easilly. So hopefully Zoggy down the right will give us width and threat, and Makoun the Ball retention.

Decided to keep Gabby left, but we really have to give him balls where he can get past the defender, instead of to feet. Hes not a flaming winger, so has to use his pace to get past the fullback. Why we persisted with this last week is beyond me.

Also decided to play Delph in a more advanced position. He has the pace to and ability to support Bent aswell as get up and down the pitch.

Albrighton to remain on the Bench, but i would use him against a hopefully tired Blackburn defense for 20 minutes or so.

This manager lark is easy!

Slight change to that

...........................................Given....................................................

Young.......................Collins..........Dunne.....................,,..Warnock

..........................Makoun........................Petrov..............................

Albrighton..............................Delph......................................Nzogbia

.............................................Bent....................................................

Slight change to that

Albrighton..............................Delph......................................Nzogbia

I was going to include him.

However, Gabby playing left and either cutting in or going past the fullback with his pace, should pull the best defense apart, but we keep trying to play him as an out and out winger, when hes not.

Instead of giving him the ball and hoping he does an Ashley or Downing, we should be delivering it to him where he can play to his stength.

Im not blaming the manager here, because its the players. I just think its in the players thought mode. "He plays left, so hes a winger"

Getting gabby running past and directly at defenders will create the space Benty needs. Maybe it just needs fine tuning, but i think it could work pretty well.

All I ask for is a positive performance and result.. I want to see exciting attacking football and it is possible against Blackburn, sure at Fulham you could argue they were more match fit etc but Blackburn is a different situation so I don't want to see long ball or anything of that sort we saw last week.. that was awful to watch.

edit : and there is NO reason at all why Heskey should start against Blackburn.. other players deserve their chance (and would offer more) so i'll be disappointed if I see him start.

Team will be unchanged from last week I'd imagine, looking forward to seeing delph with another game and weeks training under his belt,

I hope we try play an attacking style of football and not bang it long, I personally see blackburn as one of the weakest teams in the league (defo weakest non newbies) and have worst manager to boot. Kean doesn't have a rashers. Should win this one comfortably

I don't think Heskey should play but if Samba is back then I think Heskey will almost certainly play. To be honest I don't really care how well we play as long as we get the three points then it will send me home happy. The points are much more important than a great performance under the circumstances! I really don't think that it will be as comfortable as some of you lot seem to think so I'm going to say Villa win 2-1.

Ideally I would like to see:

----------------------Given--------------------------

Young------Collins----------Dunne-------Warnock

----------------------Delph-------------------------

Albrighton----Makoun (or Petrov)-------N'Zogbia

---------------------Bannan-------------------------

---------------------Bent---------------------------

However, I fear that we may start with two forwards on the wings again...

Anyway, we should still be able to beat shitty Blackburn and I'm going for a comfortable 2-0 win.