wedge

I guess we will see the same team that played vs Fulham, however I would play:

Given

Young, Collins; Dunne, Warnock

Makoun, Delph

N´Zogbia Ireland Heskey

Bent

Dont think we will lose this.

I'd go with Chappy on this one, Blackburn are poor... Possibly the ideal time for Ireland to come into his own. Should be a convincing win, whether it will be remains to be seen.

--------------------------------Given------------------------------

Young--------------Dunne------------Collins---------Warnock

------------------------------Makoun-----------------------------

---------------------Gardner----------Bannan-------------------

------------------------------Ireland------------------------------

-------------------------------------Nzogbia----------------------

-------------------------------Bent--------------------------------

4-4-1-1

subs Guzan,Clark,Gabby,Delfouneso,Petrov,Beye,Delph

Blackburn away fans must be sick of the sight of Villa Park :lol: how many times have we actually played them over the last three seasons :o

Anyway's if we don't pick up our usual home win against them Mcleish will be getting lots of booooooooooooo's.

Makoun and Bannan please, and no long ball shit.

--------------------------------Given------------------------------

Young--------------Dunne------------Collins---------Warnock

-------------------------------------Nzogbia----------------------

-------------------------------Bent--------------------------------

4-4-1-1

subs Guzan,Clark,Gabby,Delfouneso,Petrov,Beye,Delph

You complain that Delph adds nothing then pick a midfield of Makoun, Bannan and Ireland, and chuck poor young Gardner in there too. There's no width either.

That midfield would get a shoeing.

i think bannan could do well but i seem to recall Heskey had some blinders against rovers last year and delfouneso normally likes to score against them too....come on villa! am just watching the history of aston villa video (bought in 1989 with gerald sinstadt narrating ) - to get back to 1980/1/2 and have players like dennis, morley, sid, shaw and bremner...

On paper probably one of the most winnable games in the league.

They lost to Wolves at home, their manager is (to be polite) inexperienced and we usually do all right with Blackburn at home.

Anything less than three points would be extremely poor IMO.

Like him or not petrov is the best ball winning cm we have so until he's replaced he has to play.

It sounded like Delph did well last game so I assume he'll play, I'd like to see Ireland on the pitch at some point.

I want to see 2 forwards in this game so makoun on the bench and gabby upfront.

Not a huge fan of albrighton's but I think he should start.

.......................given........................

Young........Collins......dune.......warnock

Albrighton.....Delph...petrov......nzogbia

................gabby........bent.................

Looking forward to this game and our traditional three points from them. I think it will be the same as last week with the exception of Heskey for Ireland/Bannan. Just counted the amount of free seats on the OS ticketmaster thing, and counted 6465 available (not including Blackburns). So I'd have thought it would be a reasonable 37k attendance, which isn't bad considering Blackburn never bring many fans and we are out of vogue.

Fulham was appalling, but I can take that. I can see what he was doing. He knew he had to get points on the board, or else the pressure was on. Thus he went there with a "we may not score, but we damn sure won't concede" - and luckily for him, he got away with it (however, more to do with some wondersaves from Shay Given more than anything).

But, I can understand the dire negative tactic - it got the desired result.

Saturday though, is a different kettle of fish. Blackburn, quite possibly, are the worst side in the league, and many persons bet for relegation.

They say "There are no easy games in the Premier League" , maybe thats the case, but what I do know is "There aren't many easier games in the Premier League than Blackburn at home".

Thus, I want an attacking formation, I want an exciting formation , I want Heskey OUT , whether it is Albrighton, Makoun or Ireland - I dont really care, I just want someone who can actually pass a ball to Darren Bent's feet !

Prediction - well lets face it, if we dont win this game you can start geting excited about visiting the new Olympic Stadium and our local derby back in 2012-2013.

But surely to god, it has to be a win - doesn't it ?

edit above

We have sold 20k ST's - do you really think 17000 people are going to pay to watch this ? - even when we were good and had 28k ST's , we couldn't sell another 14 to fill the ground against Man U and Blues - and you think 17000 are going to watch a shit team, minus their best players, managed by a bluenose, having said we have no money, in the middle of the worst economic crisis in history, and in the middle of the school holidays when most families (who can actually afford to) are away.

Time to get up !!!!!