• Petrov
    • Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Young
    • Given

Draw not bad for first competitive game of the season. If I wanna be negative like Villarule, we definately need to give Bent more service. He will be big frustrated and worried is this it for this season!

There are players missing, we need to buy. Fook this sell to buy policy, there's money there it needs to be spent!

15 votes 100% for Given sums up our performance. If their finishing was a little better we would have got beat 2 or 3 nill today. A points a point though, but sadly we totally lacked any kind of creativity. 1 shot on targets sums up how poorly we linked up with our strikers today from midfield. Most other days playing like that we would have lost. Luckily we got the point, which is decent, but compare that to our performances at Craven Cottage in the past 2 years, totally different. Boring boring Villa today.

A good point that.

McLeish watch says that we didn't score which was the worry we had, but that we played more football than a lot of people suspected that we would.

On balance I think it's a fair result, but I wonder what it might have been had we gone ahead during our dominant period in the first half.

Given - 8 - Excellent shot stopping - did what it says on the tin.

Young - 6 - Some good stuff, some not so good but solid enough.

Warnock - 6 - Similar to Young but really worked hard to stay involved.

Collins - 7 - Clean sheet and worked hard for it.

Dunne - 7 - Ditto.

Petrov - 6 - Solid enough.

Delph - 7 - Busy and added plenty, I think the middle two are probably too alike though.

N'Zogbia - 6 - Short of fitness, lively in bursts.

Agbonlahor - 7 - Involved and lively today.

Heskey - 7 - A decent performance.

Bent - 5 - Didn't really offer anything and was offside when opportunity knocked.

I think there was enough here to give us a reason to look forward to the season ahead.

toothless considering we had 3 strikers on the pitch in heskey, gabby and bent but looks like only bent was actually playing as a striker...

interesting thing is that if gabby and heskey arent playing as strikers it means one of nzog, gabby or heskey in playing as a CM which is just asking for a disaster

Gabby and Petrov were dead after 60 mins and should have come off

Heskey should never have started.

having said that, a draw away to Fulham is a good result and i'll take it

The sort of tedious goalless draw I think a lot of people expected from this season. Can't blame the players or manager for it being a bit crap.

You can't give someone a turd and bread and expect them to serve up anything other than a shit sandwich.

Good solid start to the season against a team with most of the advantages prior to kick off.

Thought Delph played well in the first half, coming to collect the ball from Dunne and Collins so they did not need to hoof it forward. Given was great but I dont think there are many that would have been surprised with that.

Nzog needs more times playing with the team, you would not have realised he was on the pitch, but he will get better.

One of Gabby or Heskey need to be dropped to bring a bit more guile into the team.

A draw away at Fulham is never something to be sniffed at (especially with their extra match fitness) the main thing i'll take away from that is, it's something solid to build on.

We never really looked like scoring, but we also looked fairly comfortable to me. Not sure we can get away with that 11 at home though, we really need to have a bit more craft and inventivness at Villa Park.

To sum up, a very welcome point and even more welcome clean sheet.

I would have taken a point before kick off. Fulham have played a lot more football than us up to this point and to keep a clean sheet was a bonus. The defence looked solid for the most part. Now on to two winnable home games.

Heskey, Collins, Gabby and Petrov need to go out of the first team.

Replace them with Bannan, Makoun, Clark and Albrighton. Give the service to Bent.

And as for the board. Have they left yet? That would be a brilliant christmas present.

A great game to watch apart from when my stream went down all to often. All the team at times impressed and although we found it hard to create chances I was delighted with the defensive work that I saw. Most importantly our first clean sheet away from home for god knows how long...25 games or something!!! Well done Villa good draw :clap:

A very good result against a good side, who are much fitter then us right now. The performance was poor though, N'Zogbia looked unfit so there wasn't any decent service to our front men. Also a real lack of urgency from the centre of midfield.

Thought Dunne, Warnock and Given were excellent.

Hopefully we put in a better performance against Blackburn next week along with 3 points. If we don't then there's a question about the tactics of our side.

Â