Sign in to follow this  
hogso

Strange/Funny Names

I echo the earlier comments about "Randy" in Canada, very common name here, no-one bats an eyelid about it, Canadians use Horny rather than randy when referring to a flushed condition with localized swelling...

The best one I can remember is working with a 50+ year old hippy at a bakery here in Victoria years ago, he had his last name changed by the equivalent of deed poll to Rafael Sunshine, he named his daughter Blueberry Sunshine. I kid you not.

I had a lecturer in college who became a Krishna type but carried on teaching. Can't remember her original name, but I do remember she officially had it changed to fruitbat.

My mate has a job where he sits creating customer accounts all day, for the company he works for, and will often email me the ones with the most bizarre names he comes across. I think the funniest one was, Mr Ramjam D Funkyboogaloo-Smythe. Which I am told is 100% genuine, although I'd imagine changed by Deed Poll.

It is. I have spoken to the very person in question.

I worked at a multinational company and when I was on notice for redundancy I used to scroll through the email list which contained...

Rosey Arce and Gary Munroe Bumgardener

Theres a facebook group for those who have met Ramjam D Funkyboogaloo-Smythe

Really? :D Now that has cheered me up.

When I lived in Aldridge I knew

Johnny Sheath

Mike Hunt

C Hunt (Carol)

A German colleague

Willie Fuchs

Felix Katt

There was a train driver for the old Central Trains called Cliff Edge

My other half works for a company who does payroll services for the NHS and she has seen

Dr Hoo

Dr Moustache

Dr Chicken

Dr Death

Once Sweden had a hockey goalkeeper who's name was Bo Ahl. It was rumoured that he married a woman called Ann, and Ann Ahl is pronounced exactly like the swedish word for the wrung un...

A bit dull but we had at my school Steve & Violet Crapp......but we also had, as featured on an old Radio 1 funny name feature (Noel Edmonds show I think) Ophellia Bottom. Lovely looking girl who couldn't wait to be married

I know a girl called Pippa Haw. Pippa is her abbreviation of Phillipa. Phillipa Haw. Good going parents...

If your name was Lydiate, you wouldn't give your kid a first name that ended in "L", would you? But I once met a Paul Lydiate.

Theres a facebook group for those who have met Ramjam D Funkyboogaloo-Smythe

Really? :D Now that has cheered me up.

A group for that?? It's not even that good a name :|

Yes that is name snobbery

Today's best so far;

Dr. Pilot Fairfax :detect:

Oh yeah, and we used to have a student here called 0 (pronounced zero). No first name.

Sign in to follow this  

Â