Predictions and general chat

BOF

Ochocinco looking for a place to stay in New England for a few weeks

I swear to God, I can’t tell if Chad Ochocinco is joking. He said what I’ll type below, did so with a straight face, and then was asked if he’s totally serious. “Have I ever lied to you before?” he asked.

So, well, it seems what he said is the truth. Or else today after practice, he did a fantastic acting job. The question was whether he’s acclimated himself to his new city, and away we went…

“I’m going to do something different,” Ochocinco said. “I’m actually going to stay with a fan, probably the first 2-3 weeks of the season, so that should be fun until I get myself acclimated, learn my way around and actually just find a place.”

Any takers? Anyone have a spare couch?

Told fans can be crazy, he responded, “I rode a bull. I’m crazy.”

He was asked how he’ll pick the person.

“I’m not sure how many Boston fans I have, but I’ll just pick somebody,” he said, “I’m not sure how it’s going to work. They have to have Internet, they have to have XBox.”

Awesome.

Think the AFC East will finish something like

Patriots: 11-5

Bills: 9-7 (they'll run the wildcat with Brad Smith, and may be the best team in the league at going 5 wide this year)

Jets: 7-9 (they ran off a lot of good players so they could make an anemic offer for Nnamdi...)

Dolphins: 4-12

I think that's a bit of wishful thinking regarding the Jets.

Bold Predictions:

Ray Rice will have over 2000 yards from scrimmage

DeMarcus Ware will go at least 10 consecutive games with a sack

Tom Brady to go 10 consecutive games with 300 passing yards and no interceptions

Eight Five is great entertainment. Just watching some old Hard Knocks episode and he was explaining how he got with his GF by swiping her phone when she was sleeping on a flight to dial his number, then ignored her the rest of the journey before ringing and texting her loads afterwards! :clap::lol:

Browns to go 8-8 if they can keep key players healthy. This team has no depth so an injured starter thats out for awhile would be a huge blow.

Super Bowl will be Packers and Patriots. Its a QB driven league but defense wins games.

CBS Sports' Eye on Football podcast previews the AFC North

We're rolling out the NFL previews and first up on the podcast: the AFC North.

Unlike other divisions, where any team could win, the AFC North will come down to the Steelers and Ravens, although there will be a race to the basement between the Browns and Bengals. That said, both Cleveland and Cincy have relatively easy schedules and there's a chance (remote but not impossible) that one or both of these outfits could win more than six games.

For that to happen, young quarterbacks Colt McCoy and Andy Dalton will have to play out of their minds and get a lot of help from their teammates. McCoy performed better than anybody expected last season, and with expectations predictably low for Dalton, there really is no place for him to go but up (assuming, of course, he doesn't get maimed by the Ravens' or Steelers' defenses at some point during the season).

Baltimore fans may not be sold on Joe Flacco, but the front office's decision to cut ties with two of his favorite receivers -- Derrick Mason and Todd Heap -- won't magically make him a better player. As it stands, the Ravens have Anquan Boldin and, well, that's it. Rookie Torrey Smith could be forced into duty, which while great for getting him some early experience, won't do much for the passing game. The solution: more Ray Rice.

Pittsburgh returns basically the same team that lost to Green Bay in the Super Bowl. If you're a Steelers homer and looking for a silver lining from that loss: there won't be any Super Bowl hangover. So there's that.

They don't really spend much time on the Browns: the podcast could almost be titled "Joe Flacco: How Good Is He, Really?".

So, after the Steelers moan about the HGH testing that is about to be implemented James Harrison suddenly becomes half as strong as he was last season. He was squatting 600lbs before, now he's only squatting 365lbs.

Due to 'back surgery' apparently.

Coincidence? :lol:

Despite all the hype there is a lot of question marks on that eagles team, i.e their oline, linebackers, safeties, new o coordinator, new d coordinator who used to be an oline coach! There is then also the health of Maclin and Judas and future of Samuel.

Vick threw three picks last night, Ha! He struggled under pressure/blitz situations last year so with a patchwork line in front of him he looks even worse. Let's hope it's the signs of things to come rather than just one of those games in pre season.

Just watched the Broncos - Bills. Thank god for TYT \o/

Brady Quinn was useful. How about that :-)

Dumervil and Von Miller look like a tasty combo.

Â