Predictions and general chat

BOF

Just wondering what everyone is expecting this season. Both from their own team and from looking at other teams. Who will surprise in a good and in a bad way, who will win the divisions etc.

After a terrible season last season I'm actually quietly confident that the Broncos will do better this season. I expect the AFC West to be tricky given that the Raiders(spit) seem to be getting their act together and the Chargers will be strong as always, but I think the biggest improvement for us will be our defence. With Dumervil back from injury and rookies Rahim Moore and #2 draft pick Von Miller looking very good in training camp I think our main weakness; our defence; will have been vastly improved. If Teboe can have a breakout year then I think we might even make the playoffs :)

I think you are sticking with Kyle Orton arent you? Which is probably for the best as i reckon you are a .500 team at best with Tebow leading the offense.

I'm expecting, well, a winning record. I don't think we'll win the division though. We've gone backwards in my opinion, and at the moment with the exception of Boldin and Rice, we have Dickson, Pitta, Doss and Smith as our receiving core. Between the 4 of them only Dickson has starts, and that amounts to 3. All I can assume is that we are pursuing other targets at the moment or our office is leaving us as we are with great expectations for them.

Kindle is looking sharp in training and has been hitting / hit during practises so he doesn't seem to be hesitant despite his injury. Pre-season will see how he goes. If he steps up then our pass rush just got a hell of a lot better.

I'll reserve my predictions until the pre-season matches have finished. :D

Orton is #1 on the depth chart. I suppose we'll see how long they stick to that. He has done better than I expected he would, but he is very run of the mill with it. We won't progress beyond a certain point with him in charge and I'd nearly like to put Tebow in now and let him have this season if it beds him in properly for the future. Orton is not the future.

I expect the Steelers to still win the division with the Ratbirds very close behind. I think we would struggle to win the Conference or Superbowl due to the weaknesses we have at Corner.

I think that the Eagles will crash and burn under their egos and weight of expectation. I think Detroit may spring a suprise by stealing the division IF they can keep Stafford fit and upright!

I will go for a Super Bowl of Atlanta Falcons v Patriots with the Falcons coming out on top.

Orton is #1 on the depth chart. I suppose we'll see how long they stick to that. He has done better than I expected he would, but he is very run of the mill with it. We won't progress beyond a certain point with him in charge and I'd nearly like to put Tebow in now and let him have this season if it beds him in properly for the future. Orton is not the future.

It is a tough one. However Tebow's intangibles are off the scale but his mechanics are so limited. I would still give him a go over Orton as a part of me thinks he could do very well. I wonder if the Broncos are looking at going with Orton due to next years potentially good draft QB class...

Packers will be there or thereabouts again I think. Patriots are about due another run at it too. I just can't see the Falcons coming out of the NFC.

I think Detroit may spring a suprise by stealing the division IF they can keep Stafford fit and upright!

I would have said the same until yesterday when LeShoure was ruled out for the season. Fairley has also missed most of camp and is looking at missing the rest after foot surgery. 2 players who would have a big impact. It's a tough division so this could hamper their progress.

I think Detroit may spring a suprise by stealing the division IF they can keep Stafford fit and upright!

I would have said the same until yesterday when LeShoure was ruled out for the season. Fairley has also missed most of camp and is looking at missing the rest after foot surgery. 2 players who would have a big impact. It's a tough division so this could hamper their progress.

Really?!! Massive blow in that case.

Packers will be there or thereabouts again I think. Patriots are about due another run at it too. I just can't see the Falcons coming out of the NFC.

Before last season started I bet on Green Bay to win the Superbowl. I had a really good feeling about their summer. I have a similar good feeling about the Falcons this year. The rate of progression Ryan is seeing coupled with the fact that they seem to be a settled and well run organisation gives me hope.

I agree they are in the toughest division of the lot though with the Saints and Buccs in there. I still think they will win that division though.

Redskins are looking better this season, shame they don't have a QB, but all in all looking better. Apparently rookie Jarvis Jenkins is looking a bit of a monster in practice, looking forward to seeing if he can add something to the defence.

I think the could do as well as 10-6 but with a problem at QB they could end up 6-10, I think 8-8.

Might have a tenner on the Jets as superbowl winners and fancy Green Bay to get there again.

Oh I think they've a fair chance of winning the division; just not the conference.

This is why I love this game and find it so refreshing as opposed the the Premier League. I think you can make a case, to varying degrees, for 10 or 11 teams winning the whole thing. And if not you can see a team building for the future eg Lions and Bucs.

Who do you think will win the Conference?

Redskins are looking better this season, shame they don't have a QB, but all in all looking better. Apparently rookie Jarvis Jenkins is looking a bit of a monster in practice, looking forward to seeing if he can add something to the defence.

I think the could do as well as 10-6 but with a problem at QB they could end up 6-10, I think 8-8.

Might have a tenner on the Jets as superbowl winners and fancy Green Bay to get there again.

I actually like the Redskins back to the days of Riggins but I thinks they have a tough schedule. The last 5 games especially. I can only see a maximum of 6 wins next season though unfortunately. I hope Shanahan gets the oportunity to build something at FedEx as that team needs some stability.

Oh I think they've a fair chance of winning the division; just not the conference.

This is why I love this game and find it so refreshing as opposed the the Premier League. I think you can make a case, to varying degrees, for 10 or 11 teams winning the whole thing. And if not you can see a team building for the future eg Lions and Bucs.

If I had to pick one I'd say Packers. Even though they won the whole thing last season I still thought they had an air of being a work in progress. I think there is a lot more to come from them. I also think the Bears might surprise and I give the Saints the edge in the South because of their big game experience. They mightn't win the South but they'll come out of it and I'd be more confident of them in the post season than I would be of Atlanta.

So watch the Falcons absolutely piss the whole thing this season :)

If I had to pick one I'd say Packers. Even though they won the whole thing last season I still thought they had an air of being a work in progress. I think there is a lot more to come from them. I also think the Bears might surprise and I give the Saints the edge in the South because of their big game experience. They mightn't win the South but they'll come out of it and I'd be more confident of them in the post season than I would be of Atlanta.

So watch the Falcons absolutely piss the whole thing this season :)

Haha hope so £££££££

Agree on the Packers but I am not sure they are good enough to repeat this year. But they do have potential dynasty status!

Not sure I am with you on the Bears though!

I must say I am getting to the stage where I am statring to enjoy NFL Sundays as much as when Villa are playing.

Re- the Bears. They won the Packers' division last season and that was with Cutler still finding his feet in a way. Cutler has the ability to be the best QB in the league and another season of familiarity with that squad will only help him. I believe they'll score for fun and if they can maintain, or slightly improve, their #9 defence then they have to be considered IMHO.

Think the AFC East will finish something like

Patriots: 11-5

Bills: 9-7 (they'll run the wildcat with Brad Smith, and may be the best team in the league at going 5 wide this year)

Jets: 7-9 (they ran off a lot of good players so they could make an anemic offer for Nnamdi...)

Dolphins: 4-12

I actually like the Redskins back to the days of Riggins but I thinks they have a tough schedule. The last 5 games especially. I can only see a maximum of 6 wins next season though unfortunately. I hope Shanahan gets the oportunity to build something at FedEx as that team needs some stability.

Even if they do only win 6 games, at least Shanahan has tried to build in the right way ie. no big name players on ridiculous wages and relied more on draft and solid players. I think the defence will be a lot stronger this year, they've got rid of Haynesworth and picked up 4 or 5 solid starters. Plus it's now the 2nd year of the 3-4, players are a bit more used to the system and the coaches are a bit more used to the players.

Made some solid pickups on offense as well...Helu, Hightower should add to the backfield and Gaffney and Hankerson should improve the WR's.

Big questions about the OL and QB though, could be a problem again.

One good thing about the players Shanahan's bought in is a lot of them all have a good work ethic and leadership qualities, which is exactly what the team needed.

Hail :P

Casey Matthews is the starting MLB for the Eagles, flanked by Jamar Chaney and Moises Foku. I look forward to teams running straight up the gut on them.

The thing i enjoy the most about this time of year is the hilarity of the Redskins QB competition and Cowboys RB competition! :lol:

Â