Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

Petrov and Delph , Heskey , Gabby , Zoggy

in midfield

Well, looks attacking anyway - I dont like heskey / Albrighton - cant see the point - but at least its attacking.

Petrov Delph though - can see us getting ripped apart by better sides - but Fulhams midfield isnt exactly Barcas so should be OK today

No Albrighton on the wing?! Sure, he had a poor pre-season but he's more than capable of stepping it up. Heskey on the wing is a **** joke...

Makoun not playing is another odd decision.

AM likes experience. So why would he pick a young player who has poor in pre season - not s surprise for me.

Never been a Makoun fan - but I would guess that was pretty close call

AM likes experience. So why would he pick a young player who has poor in pre season - not s surprise for me.

I see what you are saying but I would rather have an inexperienced winger who can actually cross the ball and knows the position than a slow player (Heskey) who isn't a winger in the slightest. I would even rather have Gabby out on the wing than Heskey, even though Gabby isn't even good on the wing.

We are going to really struggle this season if this is the sign of things to come...

I hope there is none of the usual overreaction at the end of the game.

New season, new start lets get behind the Villa boys.

What you mean if we win ?

Whatever.

We lose its the apocalypse we're going down, all the boards fault.

Draw see above, not good enough blah blah blah.

Win, its was lucky not going to happen very often, Heskey shouldn't have played.

Typical VT étiquette.

For reasons beyond my understanding I've a feeling that today we might just go out and give Fulham a thumping.

0-4.

Go with your gut!

Did you start drinking before Gringo? :mrgreen:

Let's hope the glorious start/giving them a thumping turns out to be correct, though. :)

I see what you are saying but I would rather have an inexperienced winger who can actually cross the ball and knows the position than a slow player (Heskey) who isn't a winger in the slightest. I would even rather have Gabby out on the wing than Heskey, even though Gabby isn't even good on the wing.

We are going to really struggle this season if this is the sign of things to come...

For quite a few years we have played with 2 wide players. - A lot of teams don't - maybe Mcleish will only use one wide player. Don't forget Zogg hasn't played much pre season - so he may only play an hour or so.....a lot depends on what happens

Wow some ppl really forgetting who our gaffer is here, I'd be shocked if makoun,Ireland or albrighton play, really really shocked, reckon delph will play in the middle with petrov. No way he'll put footballers in their because he will be shitting it to lose his first game. Reckon well get a draw with zero football but an away point is a point In any case

Hate to say I told ye so, but I had a feeling he would do this alright, would nearly go back a draw now. :D