Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

I hope there is all the usual overreaction after the game. I love that. It's what makes football different to most of the rest of life. It's passion and emotion and all the other reasons why we're here, why we belong here and why the planet's worth living on.

I love the first day of the new season.

I am alive.

I am very drunk.

looks like hes gone for strength and direct football today and i think thats a good decision....

Fulham are ahead in terms of fitness, its the first day of the season and we will be rusty so maybe hes hoping having the more physical players out there will keep us in the game longer and see us through...yes thats a negative mindset but i can see some sense behind it

i would have liked to have seen albrighton or ireland in their but they are extremely lightweight

Don't worry Rob, that optimism is usually gone by about half three. :D

Heh, no doubt! Where's that pasty faced pal of yours got to anyway?

He'll be scratching himself somewhere.

It'd be nice to get straight off to a flying start here - and if we do my 4-0 prediction stands.

I'd imagine this team will be instructed to keep the ball outwide nice and direct, which is actually a pity because IMO fulham have one of the weakest midfields in the league, if petrov and delph sit to deep like has happened in previous games we could be in serious trouble here as we can't really rely on gabby and inzogbia to defend should fulham press us deep. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds, a gold per formance from delph is key to our result in my opinion. Can't bloody wait.

Looks like a team to try and shut up shop rather than take the game to Fulham...Gut-less line up.

A team with three strikers and very attacking midfielder?

What a stupid post.

... or tongue in cheek

Looks like a team to try and shut up shop rather than take the game to Fulham...Gut-less line up.

A team with three strikers and very attacking midfielder?

What a stupid post.

... or tongue in cheek

No, I'm afraid not. Some people really do think like that. Fortunately only eejits, though, so easy enough to ignore when you know what you're dealing with.

I don't like that team one little bit. If that is our best team I am very worried for the season ahead. There are only 3 people in that team who can pass with any consistency
My point exactly...Its a line up to shut up shop and close down Fulham's play, rather than a line up to take the game to Fulham. Heskey is in there because he closes down the play and grafts for the ball. Where's the brains in midfield to orchestrate attacking play? And where's the crosses from wide areas coming from to support Bent ?

Looking at the lineups, think Fulham's weakness is slow defence. If we can exploit that we've got a good chance. Fancy Bent to get in good positions behind Senderos-Hangeland.

But their front 6 is well established, Zamora-Johnson will be a handful & Dempsey provides good support.